Problem Solved

Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Problem Solved

Post by Shane Doevy »

Well after owning this boat for a number of years I have finally fixed one of the issues that has plagued me since day 1.

I have a bimini which sits on an adjustable slide. The age old problem is that the bimini sat on top of the live bait tank and also required the removal of the custom made bait board to allow the bimini to be set up.

Yesterday I moved the adjustable slides forward a couple of holes so that the bimini now sits in front of the bait board. This minor mod allowed me to be able to erect the bimini without removing the bait board so a partial solution to the issue. It did however mean that the bimini took up space inside the boat which was less than desirable so I had a close look at it and came up with a solution.

I manufactured a bracket which allows the bimini in its sock to sit under the bait board, thereby not taking any space inside the boat. It also means that I can slide it forward and erect it without removing the bait board. Made the little MIG welder work a bit on the 8mm flat and may have to take it into work to get some more welds put on it with a heavier welder but I think it will be the ducks guts. The road cover will now go right to the back of the boat with the bait board in loc so thats an additional win.

The one down side is the bait board drains into the boat but thats just clean up at the end of the day.

Cheers

Shane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Rhet
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Problem Solved

Post by Rhet »

The drain off the bait board, you can't stick a tube into the plug hole and feed it over the back?

I just hate having scales, blood, slime etc getting in under the floor. Which hasn't been a problem for a while.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Problem Solved

Post by Shane Doevy »

Rhet
mate i was thinking of getting some poly tube and doing that so its not quite done yet but thanks for reminding me.

I am hoping for heaps of blood, guts and scales, sooner the better really.

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!