Which brand of deck wash pump?

dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Which brand of deck wash pump?

Post by dirtyruiz »

Which type/brand of deck wash pump does everyone use? Been doing a bit of research and the jabsco and Johnson pumps look like they are recommended for fresh water only? Is there anything that will last in salt?

Any info welcome. Cheers

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Which brand of deck wash pump?

Post by nomad »

I was just think about this today. spooky
Have a look at bias http://www.biasboating.com.au/category_s/239.htm
MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by MattyA »

Got mine bought and installed from Quality Marine mate, was pretty exe (around $50- $600) but I think its a ceramic pump? so should be right in salt??

Cheers

Matt
DRAGONMASTER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DRAGONMASTER »

Mine is a Johnson Aquajet, bought from In and Outboard Marine back in 2006 for $385, installed myself, still going and had no problems.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Thanks guys. I was looking in bias catalogue and they say the parmax range is for fresh, the online catalogue says salt or fresh. Has anyone used the parmax pumps for extended periods in salt?
googz
Seadog
Seadog

Post by googz »

johnson pumps are the go i reckon
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hally10 »

Looking at this myself, seen nothing but good things for Johnson. want to make sure it can handle the salt though
BungsRin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BungsRin »

I installed the Jabsco parmax from Bias a few months ago, has the stainless strainer and is suitable for saltwater. No problems so far but its in its early days and I ensure I flush it well after every salt dip
davet
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by davet »

I have a Rule 1100gph (bilge pump) mounted on a transom speed pick up that connects via a two way splitter for filling either the live bait tank/fish tank or wash down hose which also has doubled as a shower at the end of a hard days fishing. For approx $70.00 you get the volume of water to flush blood or mud out of the carpet as opposed to $300.00 plus for high preasure low volume that dosen't flush the muck out of carpet. Just make sure that the bilge pump on the inside has the ability to cope with the one that is on the transom.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

There is a Johnson in my GS marine side console but it is the second one - first replaced under warranty when it rusted to bits and failed. The one that is in there now is rusting so if your going to use it in the salt water I would stay well clear of the Johnson - to me they are rubbish and have far too much steel in them for a pump that is supposedly designed for the salt water.

I saw a good range of products at In and Outboard the other day with a range of prices so you should find something to suit.

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!