Sioux City

Hawkeye
Seadog
Seadog

Sioux City

Post by Hawkeye »

A couple of old mates from Wagga headed up to Sioux City at the top end of Talbingo Dam NSW for the June long weekend :fishing: . Been years since I have been there :coffee:

Fishing was pretty quiet :fishy: but at least they didn’t have to take any ice with them like we do up here when we head out for a few days :drinking1: :drinking2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom a (hawk...eye)

Fishin again...... lookin for a meterey......
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Shite thats cold but nice country,green ginger wine would go well there I reckon :drinking3:
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

couple of years back my eldest girl was in canberra working so I went and did the chrissy thing with her as she was on her pat malone down there....we packed up some goodies and rented a cabin at lake eucumbine grabbed a wee rental boat and i managed to score some sweet little rainbow trout to about 45cm on 2kg great fun this was christmas eve about 2pm and about 25 degrees...blissfully fishing away in a little bay when suddenly everything went dark I looked over my shoulder to see a black cloud about 1 metre off the water steaming across the lake...the water was literally steaming the temp plummeted little specks of hail started peppering us sensibly dressed in shorts and t-shirts the wind blew up to a good 25 knots then it started to snow there was enough snow to make a little man and throw some snowballs around luckily the rocks had some heat in them so we huddled next to some for warmth when the fun had worn out...things eased a little and we did the dash back to the ramp my daughter huddled at the front of the boat under a towel and me frozen to the tiller of the mighty 4hp
trout tasted good though and there was a bottle of bundy under the tree in the cabin that tasted even better
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

That look very cold...
Way too cold...

Have a good day,
Pecheur
w connors
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by w connors »

Hawkeye ,
I can vouch for it being cold we were up there also ,didnt need ice beer froze in esky ,the diesel froze in my sons hilux also. Great part of the world though.
chuck
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

itsinmeblood wrote:blissfully fishing away in a little bay when suddenly everything went dark I looked over my shoulder to see a black cloud about 1 metre off the water steaming across the lake...the water was literally steaming the temp plummeted little specks of hail started peppering us sensibly dressed in shorts and t-shirts the wind blew up to a good 25 knots then it started to snow there was enough snow to make a little man and throw some snowballs
I just love the High Country and the Trout in those mountain lakes :catch: Those big lakes can chop up real bad, real quick; many lives have been lost on Eucy :-(
I had the same thing happen to me at Jindy one Christmas Eve a while back………..fly-fishing around Curiosity Rocks and the snow starts hammering down. Put a foot on the ground in about an hour. Another time we got snowed in at the Eucy river below Sawyers Gap, had the sleep the night in my Tojo shorty, did’nt have enough fuel to run the heater all night so I froze me bollocks off! :lol:
Definitely the place for neckin’ Stones Green Ginger “Mac”, has to be purchased from the Snow Goose at Adaminaby although! :drinking2: :drinking2:
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
w connors
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by w connors »

It's a very unforgiven place if your not prepared for it we learnt our lesson a long time ago ,we got stuck at Tantangra in the middle of summer with a blizzard luckily we got a fire going sleepless night though .
chuck
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

That is a cold night, I hope they had a good fire and sleeping bags. Good on them, usually means a nice day though, doesn't it

I played golf along the Murray last week, and the fairways were like that, thick with frost. It was hard work just to get out of the heated motel room.
Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

Dont talk about Tantangra, nearly couldnt get the Boat cover off.

Went boating to Mulwala sunday......nearly got lost in the fog, & that was just leavin the ramp !.

I say boating cause we got nothin !

Set off from home @ 5am got home @ 7.30pm Never saw the Sun all day !
Temp in the boat got up to 7 degrees !!!

You buggers cold yet ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angry

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.