Tortilla Flats culvert report

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tortilla Flats culvert report

Post by Mud »

Shark Girl and I were dead keen to give the culverts a go so at the crack of lunchtime we leapt out of bed and lazed around a bit and had coffee and read the paper and looked at the weather and had another coffee. At two o'clock we could find no more excuses so we headed off down the Stuart Highway.

To get there you go South down the highway, past Batchelor turnoff, another twenty k, turn left at Tortilla flats sign then follow the road for two k till you get to Whitehall Creek.

Whitehall was two meters under the road but looked quite fishy with nice tannin water. Sharkgirl decided to take photos until I got a hit. She took a lot of photos. I did manage to get a popper someone left in a tree for me. If you lost it....take better care next time.

Three k past Whitehall is the Adelaide River crossing. This looked very fishy. The water was running at the level of the road and catching a good barra was inevitable. That is of course unless the barra are retarded and dont recognise a yummy Mr Twister Double Tail when you drop one their nose. About three cars failed to raise a hit and left before we decided to head back to Manton for a look.

Manton overflow is awesome and worth a nosey. There is a small weir on the approach so when the levels are down there is not much in there. Sharkgirl took lots more photos.

On the way out I found a small part of the Manton Creek that I could toss a squidgey around in and had the pleasure of feeling something actually try to eat it a couple of times. The second time I saw it was a small barra.

Oh well.

it was a nice drive.

Mud
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Nice photos!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

:rofl: :rofl:

great post :grin:

I think you used up your good luck last year :mrgreen:
Shark Girl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Shark Girl »

Bwahahaha!!

Hysterical....but sadly accurate!
xox
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

Its always the way hey mate, you are either not getting them cause you have to unhook them for your wife or your not getting them cause you have to stand around an pose for the photos... ho hum lifes hard when your nothing but an accessory hey Mud....

That how I find it goes when I take the strife with me too.. OOOPs she might read that :bbad:

Gee Shark Girl takes a good pic... I assume she took the photos?

Thanks for the info and chin up its just the start of the season

Chris
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Good post Mud, and nice pics too Sharkgirl, shame about the fishys not playing the game, drove out to Scotts creek for a look this evening and did'nt raise a scale either, looked fishy though. Worth another crack later on.
Cheers.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Top write up Mud :rofl: & photo's Sharkgirl :mrgreen: was there at the crack of u know who yesterday snaffed a fish on my first cast :catch: but the water was higher with timber belting down and over the crossing :shock: so wasn't game enough to cross. as the best spot if the fish are around is in the calm water on the far side (big back eddy) in along the bank (you can see it in your photo) :mrgreen: but dont tell anyone :naughty: :drinking1: :drinking1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
Shark Girl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Shark Girl »

Its always the way hey mate, you are either not getting them cause you have to unhook them for your wife or your not getting them cause you have to stand around an pose for the photos... ho hum lifes hard when your nothing but an accessory hey Mud....
*psst Hey Mud....would you mind letting cjgp know there's no 'strife' here? That I don't make you pose for fishing shots, I can rig my own line, choose which weapon to entice the fish, unhook them~ even when they have enormous pointy teeth (but not if they're Powertail!)~ and can even drive the boat onto the trailer. Also let him know you're not my accessory k? Much appreciated M.* :kiss:

Quote "That how I find it goes when I take the strife with me too.. OOOPs she might read that"

Hmmm....yes she may :|

Hi Muntzy!

Ernie...Mud says Well Done getting a nice Barra (ditto from me) and now he knows to only fish the middle channel, no where else, especially in the right hand corner where the current is not so strong. :wink:
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Cheers Pech and Matty!

Thanks CJGP. Oh SG asked me to tell you that...oh never mind. :rofl: :rofl: Yeah I hope things improve...gotta get a big baz on the new Shimano Calcutter 2500!

Heya Muntz. I thought about Scotts but I've been there a few times and seen
nets across the creek
croc carcases with bullet holes in them
saratoga lying all along the bank
a local (resplendent in wifebeater singlet) yelling at two german tourists who caught a saratoga to leave it on the bank cause they are a pest (I convinced them otherwise)

I'm sure this sort of ignorance does not reflect the general callibre of Corroboree locals however it doesnt take many bozos to reduce a small ecosystem like this to a graveyard.

Cheers
Mud
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Well done Earnie! You seem to have that place wired. Nice barra!
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Post by meterclubwannabe »

some great shots there..shark girls got a knack with the camera
:cheers:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!