ADELAIDE RIVER

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
jacko1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ADELAIDE RIVER

Post by jacko1 »

Headed to Adelaide River for a run Thursday evening. Spending about half hour at each creek on the run out tide with no result. Headed for a troll on the rockbars and anchored on the last one before Goat Island a couple of hours just before the tide change. Not long into it the wife landed a 73cm barra on a Gold Bomber. A few more hits and 2 lost fish before things went quiet. Once the tide was slack we moved to the other side of the rock bar and fished the incoming tide. I got a nice 84cm chromie on a white soft plastic and another soon after at 60cm. A few hours after the tide change thought we would give it another 15 mins and head off, then woompa the father in law's blue/silver rapala xrap 20 got smashed after a short epic battle he pulled in a 105cm beauty. Great moon lit night fishing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Those are some fair dinkum Adelaide River barra :shock:,
nice one jacko :mrgreen: , im still yet to find anything over 70cm there :banghead:
Image Image
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Fantastic effort. :bow: Some magnificient fish there, you must have popped into Kai's for celabatory beer after that 105cm Ripper. :drinking2: Well done.

Doors Off
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Well done Jacko 8-) Top fish .
Im like doors off still trying to get anything decent out of the adelaide.
What were the mossies like might try a bit of night fishing there one of these days :cheers:
jacko1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jacko1 »

Was a nice night few mozzies on dark but once you put some spray on they didn't worry you and were gone. Is not bad down there at night everyone we saw seemed to leave a few hours before the change and before it got near dark. But it was worth staying and fishing that change just on dark and into the night. The full moon made it a nice night and helped alot to see what you were doing and what was around.
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

Wow :o Great stuff I fished there last week after work and could only get three rats. Love your work.
Tropical IV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tropical IV »

I cannot belive i took a work call rather than going fishing, and then while still working had to log on and see those beauties, and my comment on the phone still stands..nice one, christened the boat extremely well with those fish mate, AWESOME !!!!
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Top job Jacko some beaut fish :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water