Gold Bomber's will catch ANYTHING!

Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Gold Bomber's will catch ANYTHING!

Post by Bullet »

Had to head down south the other week for a wedding & thought I'd try & get my Murray Cod fix while I was there. My mates & I have been fishing a dam thats 30 mins drive from my home town in Vic for a while now & like a good wine its getting better with time. :drinking3:

It was stocked with cod 15 or 20 years ago so there are some big fish in there, but also solid numbers of smaller fish meaning 10lb & under which are great fun in heavy timber.

Anyway we decided to head out there at night under the full moon. My mate Jade & I were sorting out what lures to take mainly being night crawlers, fizzers & chater baits, but then i thought the hook up rate of these surface lures isn;t great with cod as they tend to send the lure flying out of the water when they hit. :banghead: So i asked Jade where his barra lures are as he lived up in Darwin with me for a while. He threw a tray at me & on openning I spotted a brand new GOLD BOMBER. Perfict I said & tied it onto my rod with my mates shaking there heads at me. :lol:

When we got to the dam it was time to put my plan into action, to crank my bomber 6 inches under the surf & twitch it along slowly as I would for barra. Well the fish were hungry that night, I could hear a cod having 3 goes at my mates fizzer 25 meters away with no hook up. :cry: Then my next cast a few twitches & I was on to nice little cod about 4lb, a couple more cast & a better fish at just under 10lb & we'd only been here 5 mins. 8-)

I landed 2 more fish around the 10lb mark with one taking me deep into the timber which I was lucky to get out. With each cod landed I yelled across the dam gold bomber strikes again to my mates discust. After working the one spot pretty hard I was thinking about moving when i had a solid hook up followed by big head shakes which means big cod. I yelled out to my mates to bring over the burkley grips & after a few hairy moments with a tree I managed to get the big fella to the bank, as the burkley's went in the leader broke. I was very lucky, but with luck on my side the result was a very fat & beutifly coloured green fish coming in at an estemated 30lb & 87cm long. :catch:

After that I was happy to drink my beer :drinking1: & watch my mates get onto a few. All up 13 cod cought in a couple of hours under moon light with a couple of good mates & a few coldies, a top night.

Cheers Bullet. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

legend :applause: great read mate. didnt even look cold
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Great work Bullet nice to see the cod still seem to be on the improve.
Must be a good size dam in Vico to still have water in it.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Great Stuff Bullet,

I have been for weekends along the Murray and be lucky to score a cod, to get 13 in a few hours is a great result. Especially one of that size on a bomber.

On Sunday I was using a bomber and wehn I got it to the boat, I had a barra on the front trebble and a jack on the rear treble, that was pretty awsome. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) I will write it up in my blog later this week.

Dingo :mrgreen:
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Great post well done...gotta love those old faithfulls! just proves what I have always believed in ' if in doubt, bomber out' :applause:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
Harty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Harty »

G'day Bullet,

Nice cod :clap: as for the bombers.......this what happened to the last one I bought. A rat barra barra did the damage :|

:cheers:

Harty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.