Back at Mandy

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back at Mandy

Post by Young_gun_fisho » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Arvo trip to mandorah jetty produced, started off with a couple of tarpon around 45cm on livies. Had a few other runs on the dead herring, however these ended up in bust offs. Soon after that, had a bit of fun with the sharks, landing a 2 and a bit later model. Then the fun began. My mate hooked up to a good queenie on some new livies, which went tail walking instantly. After a 10 minute fight, he landed the beast. It went 82cm to the fork, and 93 to the tip. He was happy with that, while I was green with envy. Soon after however, I hooked up on a livie to a bigger model, and a similar fight ensued. We landed the fish, and I was stoked. After some terrible trips and luck for the past month or so, I had found my mojo. The fish went 86cm to the fork, and 97 to the tip, making it my PB. Not a bad arvo :) 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Back at Mandy

Post by Flickin4em » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Top effort young gun enjoy the spot while it is still one of the best LB structures we have mate, thanks for the report 8) well done on the new PB too that's a decent sized queenie :mrgreen:

I saw this pic that Matt uploaded.... :banghead:
Screenshot_2019-04-17-21-55-23.png
Great way to ruin an even greater spot. Progress hey ....bl..dy awesome isn't it????
Also I wonder what the environmental impact study said about the migration patterns of several species in that area???? ''

''Acceptable levels of total carnage and destruction'' no doubt ???? :fu:

Bugger all current will flow past it once they put these rock walls in and if they are anything like the one at cullen bay they are a great spot to break an ankle or lose a set of car keys especially at night :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 pm

I saw this pic th :| :| at Matt uploaded.... :banghead:
Screenshot_2019-04-17-21-55-23.png
Great way to ruin an even greater spot. Progress hey ....bl..dy awesome isn't it????
Also I wonder what the environmental impact study said about the migration patterns of several species in that area???? ''

''Acceptable levels of total carnage and destruction'' no doubt ???? :fu:

Bugger all current will flow past it once they put these rock walls in and if they are anything like the one at cullen bay they are a great spot to break an ankle or lose a set of car keys especially at night :lol:[/quote]
Yeah, while at first it may seem like a good idea, that current that rips past is probably one of the things that make it such a great Landbased pelagic spot, or a great Landbased anything spot really. Also, I agree with you that this will effect several species that go through that area. And I'm sure a lot of people enjoy fishing and relaxing off a jetty rather than killing them self on a rock wall to get to open water.

Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Nice queenie mate, well done.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Looks like the rock wall will have a footpath, if so will be a good spot to fish.

Nice fish BTW :mrgreen:

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:16 am

Well done YGF

Queenies are an awesome fight good work 8)

Wuhc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wuhc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 am

Good fish mate. Well done

Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 am

Cheers for the responses guys.
fff1964 wrote:Well done YGF

Queenies are an awesome fight good work 8)
I reckon they're the best sport fish readily available in northern waters, better than barra :D :lol:

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 am

On ya Young Gun , thats a good size Queenie seems like a few around I got 3 last W/end at EP , much smaller 8)

ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 am

Ripper skinny, well done mate

Cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!

Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 pm

ozdodge wrote:Ripper skinny, well done mate

Cheers
Cheers ozdodge!

al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:08 am

great queenie YG your smile says it all ,brilliant to see a keen young fishoe ,wish more your age would get into this sport

Return to “Landbased”