Back and Hardies

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
JAH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back and Hardies

Post by JAH »

Hi all back on the forum after a long Absence forgot password so started a new profile.So thought I would start with a post from a trip at Hardies
Left about 330 Sat Arfo meet up with a mate and arrived just before 5 set up camp and had the boat in the water by 530.Talked to a bloke who had just pulled out and been fishin all day and hadn't raised a scale ,said it was dead,not what I wanted to here.So cracked a can and headed off to the main part of the bong to flick some frogs around the Lilly's on sunsetThings were very quiet no bait on the surface not even tarpon flicking around.After an 1 1/2 of casting trying a few different spots not a touch so decided to give an area a troll I've had success at before.Gave it 5 runs for not a touch so headed back to camp for dinner and a few more coldies.
Was not an early start the next morning(that was the plan)as the heads were a bit sore from staying up late making a plan ( must have been thinking to hard).Went straight to the troll spot and 3rd run had a big strike but didn't stick gave it another 4 pass over that same spot for nothing.Decided give the pandas stands a flick with some vibes and plastics which rewarded us with a couple of very small Barra and Toga and I mean small.
All I All a good break away seeing it had been way to long since I've broken out the swag.Home and cleaned and packed up by 3 in time to sit down crack a can and watch the footy

Cheers

goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Back and Hardies

Post by goldfish »

Hardies is barely flowing mate coroboree or the bridge lagoon would be more successful prospects : low oxgen levels are making the fish pretty much shut down at hardies and a nice yellow scum line on the tinny to show everyone you'd been there too ..it'd be lucky to be 100mm deep by 1.5 m wide where it feeds in off the Mary river bridge lagoon. We fished both for 0 fish and a couple of half arsed bites over the weekend...... heard of a big gill net that'd got burnt at Mary a few months ago possibly explaining the lack of big fish in the area.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.