40 years at sea and no sunburn

Global warming and overfishing. And any good news we can dig up.

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Re: 40 years at sea and no sunburn

Post by fish4me123 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 am

Do they get sun?
tight lines

ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Whats the purpose of the post?

To show how long plastic of those times last? No argument there. Plastics need to have a "use by" time built into them during the manufacturing process.

Interesting that it was originally from GB and took over 40 years to be found. Guess that might happen.

Hard to see the relevance when it doesn't actively do anything positively or negatively apart from just bobbing around the place.
Regards
Ronje

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 pm

It's bad that it even just sits there bobbing around. It might break up and get eaten and it's terrible that smaller stuff can sit around getting eaten for up to 450 years.

ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Yep. Be better if it had a message inside. At least it'd be clean.

I guess that there is another message involved. The pollutants that "we" made in those days were real. Not like these pretend pollutants that are made these days.

None of this breaking down stuff and creating a mess affecting turtles, birds, pollies reputations or greenie aspiratations or the effect on the rare silver trizonclapeds like todays pollutants.
Regards
Ronje

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble. .. but theres no way that it's spent "40 years at sea " clearly by the marine growth on it has been buried on a beach somewhere for 39 years and 3 months then been uncovered by the latest tsunami or cyclone for the last 3 months or so then washed up.... constant UV degradion for upto 12 hrs each each 24 hr period on its plastic bottle would've sunk it decades ago fellas.

Just my 2c worth. ..again.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

Return to “Fisheries Research & Science”