2 Red Tagged Fish Caught

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

2 Red Tagged Fish Caught

Post by jpb15 »

20180402_103216.jpg
20180402_102906.jpg
Hi all,
We went Down the Daly for Easter, and we were lucky enough to Catch a Red Tagged Barra.
Caught just Below the Bridge.

My 77 Year Old Father was not a Face Book Member, and had not Liked Hibiscus Tavern on Face Book, before catching the Fish, and was ineligible for the $ 1000. (He is Now) :bonk:
When I rang Hibiscus Tavern, they said they had just recieved a Call, from somebody else, who had also caught 1.
As there has been no word from Hibiscus Tavern, I can only asume the others must not have Liked Hibiscus Tavern beforehand either.
They did Say, "They would still Donate the $ 1000 to Beyond Blue, but would not give my Father the money".

My Father did get a Call from somebody, and they asked him a Couple of Questions regarding the Fish, and who ever it was, it sounded like they are trying to Extend the Competion, I guess for next Year.

This does make sence to me, because the NTG are doing it for Tourists, and I am sure a lot more People would go Fishing more often, and for longer periods, if the chance of Catching the MDF was there all Year. (Not saying it will be all Year, but you can hope).

For the 4 Days we were down there, between the 3 of us, we Boated 9 Keepers, My Brother 4, My Father 5, me, well I am sure You can do the Maths. (I did manage to catch a Big Golden Gobbler, which put up a good fight).

The Fish were between 55 and 76 cm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sick of coming home Fishless
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 2 Red Tagged Fish Caught

Post by theodosius »

Well done, hope they run the comp next year too. Fish4me got a tag out of the comp too
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Hard luck with the timing , Just sux how Hibiscus need a FB "LIKE" to honor the deal .
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I thought the million dollar fish was nuts when the idea was floated. But I have to eat my words and say I was wrong, and it’s been great promotional tool for the Nt.
Then I thought it was quite smart for hibiscus to jump on the coat tails of the mdf comp for cheap promotion. How ever I think it’s may be putting more people off because they never seem to pay out because of the face book rule. Surly they would get the 1000 worth of promotion and not worry about the rule. Not to mention that probably 1/3 would go straight back across the bar on the night the crew come in to pick their prize up.