New member moving to Darwin soon

Jazza74

New member moving to Darwin soon

Post by Jazza74 »

Evening ladies, gents and others not identifying with either of those,

I am relocating up to Darwin just prior to Xmas and am quite keen to build up my current f-all fishing experience to get to novice level etc. I was up in the NT in 2011-13 but didn't get out to experience the awesome fishing up there.

I return with my own boat (4.89 Stacer Northern Fisher) keen to get out as much as work will allow me. Keen to get out with others to learn all I can so if you don't mind me tagging along I'd appreciate anyone willing to teach me the ropes up there.

Look forward to catching up soon.

Jazza

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New member moving to Darwin soon

Post by theodosius »

Welcome back, perfect boat for up here. Matt's magazines are the perfect first place to look, you can get past editions off him too if there's a particular area you'll be targetting
Jazza74

Post by Jazza74 »

Thanks mate. I bought this boat as heard any smaller than 4.2 is a tad risky with snapping handbags and when I found my boat it was too good a boat to pass up for the price. Looking at heading up to Dundee and through the bay areas etc. will only go into river systems with experienced people to guide me as I'm not silly enough to think otherwise with the dangers lurking around.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Always good to get a deckie spot to explore with someone experienced.

Theodosius is right about the FISH FINDER mag, it's got most of the rockbars etc in there and some good spots, an investment that will save you a propeller at the least :D