More sooties for the year

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

More sooties for the year

Post by goldfish »

Did another trip out on the fresh

The day started off well with a nice mid 70cm barra released boatside as we struggled to get the net assembled :bonk: and a few more undersized ones as well. The 110mm crystal minnow was doing the damage on them once again. Pulling 3 or 4 fish from each snag as we drifted along the river. :mrgreen:

I headed upriver as far as possible then disembarked walking up further and hit the pools above the rapids
First cast bought a decent one out of a collapsed submerged tree and a solid hit registered up the braid. He got off but 4 more casts and I was on to the same fish which quickly had the 50lb braid wrapped around the ample quantity of timber in his favourite corner... :banghead:

I let a bit of slack out and after a bit of too and fro action I was able to recover a nice sized sooty from the predicament. I got lucky there I thought as I wandered back to snap a few pics. Pics done i released it into the deep section to continue to terrorize the local baitfish and cherabin. :D

A few more undersized baz and another approx. 40 sooties rounded out the day and soon I was on the way back to the ratrace dreaming of the next trip down here.

:drinking8:

:catch:

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
tojo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: More sooties for the year

Post by tojo »

i catch a lot of sooties and the ones i catch are really light coloured. Totally unlike that one in your first pic. Probably due to the habitat
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Like the shot of them in the water :mrgreen:
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Barra shot is great.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

tojo wrote:i catch a lot of sooties and the ones i catch are really light coloured. Totally unlike that one in your first pic. Probably due to the habitat

Some are just blacker than others mate: all were pulled out of the same environment. I don't think it's an age thing either tojo as I've got small ones that are really dark in colour too..... :mrgreen:
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.