Post a little about who you are...

pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

im not playing that game chloe sorry

a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Well I spose it's my turn....

Names Paul, 34 married (8 years) with 2 boys 3 1/2 and 1. Been in Darwin and around the NT for about 15 years and decided to come here because of the fishing and shooting. Wife has been here for 30 odd years.

I live in a shed at Marlow Lagoon and have a fat old time driving around on my 1952 grey fergie. Into all sorts of fishing from barra to jewies and other nice reef fish.

I am a Diesel Fitter by trade but currently work as a fitter operator. :grin:

I have a plain alloy plate boat 5mtr arafura marine hull with a 100 yamaha on it and a sticker of a barra jumping on the side. Love a beer and a glass/bottle of red wine.

So if you see the rig at the ramp and a big fella with a bald head and red goatie beard walking around come over and say g'day. :shock: :mrgreen:

:cheers:

2rods
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by landlocked »

my name is andy, i work for a company that builds and operates big solar power stations in central australia. Been fishing all my life.
had my first fish in the north 10yrs ago and been hooked since.
lived in alice for the last 2 yrs.
not much fishing to be had in alice but get to spend 2 x 1 month long trips a year away fishing so cant complain.
trying to get my company to build a station closer to the water,told them id work for half wages. lol. cheers
From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
Chloe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: New to Darwin, but from Germany. I was born in Egypt.

Post by Chloe »

Oh, you are a poet.
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Name is James (Jimmy) Stuchbery, 21 in a month, and Darwin born and bred. Used to fish a bit when i was real young but lost a lot of the best 'fishing development' years as mum crashed our tinnie and we didn't replace it! the past few years though i've been trying to make up for lost time, and what i lack in skill and experience i certainly make up with enthusiasm - ask my fishing partners! don't have a boat so am reliant on my mate lukey and his stacer nomad sport 445...

am currently studying law full-time in adelaide and only get back home for the holidays (which means i miss the run-off every year :banghead: ) so i try and get out as much as i can while i'm back.. the forum is fantastic - cn't thank everyone enough for their tips and hints - much appreciated by less-experienced anglers like myself! :cheers:
Cheers,
Stuch.
Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

Name is Jay Burgess, I'm 17 years of age. I was born in Darwin in '89 and lived in Jabiru for a short while before my parents moved back home to Albany in southern WA. Shortly after, moved up to Paraburdoo, inland pilbara where I spent 10 years. Got hooked on fishing when I was invited on a fishing trip to Warroora station and I got to fish the ningaloo reef, loved it ever since. Moved over to Alice Springs with Dad where I've lived for the last 5 years. Meanwhile, mum has moved to Karratha, coastal pilbara, which is where I'm moving to in January.
Opes

Post by Opes »

Guess its my turn. My names Rod, I have a wife and two boys, 10 & 12, one is a fisho, the other only interested if he gets a fish every couple of minutes. I've lived in Marlow Lagoon for 9 years, but have only recently got back into the fishing, now the missus doesnt work shifts any more. My boats a Top Ender with a thirsty 70 on it.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I guess it’s my go…….my real name is Shane, now-one calls me by that name, known by all as Blinky.
Been in Darwin since 1983, married with 5 kids, ranging from 22 years down to 11, three boys, two girls. One boy (getting married next month) and girl live on the Gold Coast, the rest are still at home.

Am a Aircraft Engine Mechanic and NDT Technician by trade, but have been working in the lifting gear, oil & gas industry for the past 9 years.
Lived at Marlow for the past 3 years along with the “menagerieâ€ÂÂ
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
BarraMack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BarraMack »

Name's Dan, 32 married, no apprentice fishermen/hunters yet. I have lived in Darwin since the age of 5. Started fishing at about 9 years of age, and shot my first goose with my .410 at age 12 at Noogoo Swamp (first shot too). I am a self taught fisherman, and like Yoda said - have much to learn. My wife and I bought a Stacer Nomad 445 two years ago. I cut my teeth (& feet) fishing around the Darwin foreshore.
I am presently studying a PhD at Curtin University in Perth, and I worked as a Geographic Information Systems/Remote Sensing analyst before that. I spent most of 2005 in Perth - away from the boat (and the wife), and 4 months this year. I am returning to Darwin in 3 weeks, and can't wait to go fishing.
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Gday,

Post by Chronic »

Hi guys this is me i spose, i go by the name of Peter and grew up in Melbourne. I was born i darwin but froze for the first 15 years down there before returning(freshwater trout are provide little fun). Im now 23 and and i fish 8days a week!! Good work on the website 8-)
Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

this is me

Post by BarraBase »

BIOGRAPHY – Geoff Corry

Geoff Corry grew up on a dairy farm a short distance from the banks of the Murray River in the Goulburn Valley, Victoria. When he wasn’t helping his father on the farm, his formative years were spent fishing and hunting. Like many fisherman that have made their passion their career, Geoff has memories of holding a rod as soon as he could stand.

Geoff’s earliest memories in the late 60’s are of catching trout at Lake Eucumbene and Murray Cod in the Lachlan River. In those days there wasn’t the catch and release mentality that many hold today, so there were great numbers of fish caught and filleted. Geoff recalls one particular turning point in his young life when he was fishing the Lachlan River with his Father Allan. He was sitting up on his father’s shoulders while Allan sight cast at what was to be a 25 pound Murray Cod. It took three casts before the silver Eucumbene spinner was presented well enough for the fish to strike. From that experience Geoff says sight fishing was all he ever wanted to do. Back at the farm the closest he got to sight fishing on a regular basis was dry fly fishing for European Carp in the Channels, with his Jarvis Walker rod.

Geoff had his drivers license three weeks when he packed up his HQ Ute and drove to the Gulf of Carpentaria, with his best mate, to chase the famous Barramundi. The trip was far from a success and he was to come away with the knowledge that there was more to Barramundi fishing than he had realised.

The challenge drove Geoff’s passion and soon after he was on his way to Darwin. The first stop was the local tackle shop where he milked as much information as he could. He had decided that he would tackle one river at a time and started with the South Alligator. He was to find success and a two week trip ended four months later. Geoff continued to fish the Top End each year spending less time down south and more time on the water up North. And each year he learned a new river or estuary. When Geoff was offered a job guiding on the South Alligator River in the Mid 80’s he jumped at the chance.

In the late 80’s Geoff started a guiding position at Barra Base. This was a very popular fishing destination on the Tiwi Islands. At first Geoff remembers struggling with the huge tides, something he had not had to deal with growing up fishing the fresh water of Victoria. One day he says, “It all just clicked.â€ÂÂ
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Gold Can
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gold Can »

Thats a pretty fair resume there Geoff
The way to a fishermans heart is through his fly!!
e
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aboot me

Post by e »

Woot first post. G'day all, i'm Paul although most know me as Pauly or Smally Hence the hande. A lower case or "Small E". If you still don't get it never mind... To strange a story to type out as to why i have that nickname anyway. I'm as amature a fisherman as you get, but like to pretend i know a little. Guess i'll see you in the forums.

Cheers

e
[Quote] Just a few little bites, nothing big.
chezasnt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by chezasnt »

Name's Col but I'm known around the traps as Cheza. I work for Boeing as a electronics technician. Grew up in the Newcastle area and have fond memories fishing and crabbing at Lake Macquarie while visiting the grandmothers lakehouse. First came to Darwin in '81 and grown such an affection with the place that we have lived here permanently since '95. Married with two kids, my favourite deckie is my Mrs (Bron). Fishing is in our blood and we have been fishing full on up here since 95' and love all sorts (Creeks, Rivers and Bluewater). I have recently put a Suzuki 90 on my boat, a Quinnie Freedom Sport I have had since '99. I have become a bit of addict with this site as it is helping come up with heaps of different places to explore. See ya on the water.
Last edited by chezasnt on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheza
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Me

Post by chanos »

Real name is Wayne, Navy technician for the last 28 years :shock: Been fishing since childhood. Grew up in SA but have moved around a lot. Navy has teken me to some wonderful fishing spots. Darwin since 1987.
Taking 6 mths long service, starting Feb 07 and heading south for 6 months. Spending a month on Kangaroo island chasin the reds and relaxing. Have 2 girls who live at Palmerston and are great fisherwomen :grin: Thats about it for now I reckon.

chanos.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.