Goose Goose Duck

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Goose Goose Duck

Post by COOPS »

last year i was retrieving them out of knee deep water at harrisons close to where the main drive in is.

as i was finished i could hear splashing and swung my headlight round and a smallish salty was eating what must have been a wounded goose right where id been....

mongrels

AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

nomad wrote:Didn’t you blokes watch the Mythbusters episode when they busted the myth that bullets etc. could go deep when fired into the water.
Even the 50 cal job didn’t go more than 500mm
Pretty sure that if im walking in knee deep water a croc isn't going to latch onto my toes. just putting it out there.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

AJay wrote:
nomad wrote:Didn’t you blokes watch the Mythbusters episode when they busted the myth that bullets etc. could go deep when fired into the water.
Pretty sure that if im walking in knee deep water a croc isn't going to latch onto my toes. just putting it out there.
he would get you on the arse when you turn and run away shitting your self hahahahha
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

DOUG wrote:
didnt the shot gun travel the furtherest ???
and this is only theaory but i havent seen a crocodile or heard of a crocodile striking below water always a surface strike they come out with mouth closed and open it when breaking the water ???
my theory is the 20l bucket theory try drag it through the water a croc would struggle to do an open mouth attack under water
they dont have gills like sharks and whales ?? do whales even have gills hahahah the water goes in mouith then is able to go out there gills so isnt a big restriction ?? my theory only and based on nothin at all again and im sure will be proved wrong again but it keeps me feeling safe :rofl: :rofl:
How do crocs catch fish then?
COOPS wrote:last year i was retrieving them out of knee deep water at harrisons close to where the main drive in is.

as i was finished i could hear splashing and swung my headlight round and a smallish salty was eating what must have been a wounded goose right where id been....

mongrels
Bastard! that could have been your goose!
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

buy striking them in the shallows !!! there main diet wouldnt be fish!! birds,pigs,cows, kangaroos, possums,bats, and a variety of other small animals which i cant think of ;)
wildstylen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Goose Goose Duck

Post by wildstylen »

Be stuffed if I would go under water and let someone test out the 50. Cal theory.
barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barrabustin »

I give it a few weeks until there plenty of unretreived birds on the water. My theory is you can't fill something that's already full.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

mippa wrote:normally why ill strap my hunting knife to my thigh. ^^^^
the knife is so you can stab your mate and run away while the croc grabs him :D
DOUG wrote:
he would get you on the arse when you turn and run away shitting your self hahahahha
thats why sharks usually circle you before attacking. they dont like the tase of poop still in their food :D

COOPS wrote:my headlight
this gets better - youre up to your chest in croc waters :o AT NIGHT ???? :croc:

Come on fellas, be safe

if you get nailed, can you give me first dibs at taking the pics of the teeth marks in your arse so i can sell them and the story to the NT news? :twisted: