Guy's bad luck day

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
Kp NT
Seadog
Seadog

Guy's bad luck day

Post by Kp NT »

Figured I'd put this up here.

I went fishing with two of my mates out to the Cato river in east arnhem land, it was an awesome two days we caught and released nearly 70 barra with nothing that was under 70cm and a couple that were pushing 100cm. Well anyways that was the good part of the trip.... After retrieving the boat and head off up the track on our way home.

As we are driving along we come across a white duel cab hilux stuck in a bog with no one around.

With no way around it we hook the hilux up to the cruiser with the boat on the back and we drag this hilux out of the bog, just as we get it out the guy comes back thanks us and detours this bog hole and continues up the track, we proceed through this hole with no problems and we think that's the end of that drama.

About 10 mins later we come across this guy hobbling up the track and we think what's going on now. And then we come around the corner and see this.
(my two mates posing for the photo)
:lolpoint:
He's sped around this sandy corner lost control and tried applying the brakes and instead of stoping he goes head first right into this tree. As you can see the right hand side of the car is folded in and it looks pretty bad. even on an unlucky day I reckon this guy was lucky enough that no damage was done to the radiator, engine, steering or anything else important, we ended up pulling him of the tree straightened out his alloy bullbar his right guard and amazingly this hilux drives of. And fortunately without any more misadventures.

And that's my story of misadventure :bow:

I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.” - Steven Wright

"If you want to maintain a sustainable supply of fish you have to farm the fish, rather than mine them. So putting your money into fishing fleets that are going to exacerbate the problem by over-fishing is not the way to preserve the underlying asset."
Maurice Strong
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Guy's bad luck day

Post by cjgp »

Good days out fishing then you get lucky and get involved in that adventure hey

Funny the stuff you come across in the middle of nowhere, good on you and your mates for helping out and sharing

Chris
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

great story mate
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

thats a great read

ive been bogged like that..its a great feeling when someone chops u out

good on u boys !!
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
SteveB
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SteveB »

Good stuff fellas,
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus
pocketfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pocketfish »

You guys are ace!, i hope when i mess poop up i meet people like you to help me out.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Jesus Christ poor mates had an absolute shocker there