Darwin Harbour Wed arvo

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Darwin Harbour Wed arvo

Post by chanos »

Knocked off early and went for a fish on the harbour on Wed arvo. Hit the water at 1200 and went chasin some tuna, biggest northern blues I have ever seen eh. 1st cast hookup, thought how good is this when "ping" :banghead: Reckon a nother tuna swam through the line albeit its the 1st time I been busted on 20lb fireline doing the tuna thing. Anyway, chased em around for a bit longer but couldnt get another hookup so decided to go bottom bashing. Water was like glass, got on the spot, rods out and here comes the arvo sea breeze.............. sea breeze my arse, musta been 25 knots, whitecaps and .5 metre in no time. I was outer there coz its no fun in a 4.3m vee nosed punt. Fished larrakeyah rockwall for nothing , bugger it went home by 4. Just another sh..ty day in paradise. :grin:

chanos.

Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

We went out on Wednesday Night. Was planning to fish the rock, launched at Buffalo creek and got to the sandbar at the front. There was a 1m chop, with no visibility of the channels, on a dropping tide. So we turned around and went to Darwin harbour. Some good boofs in Woods inlet, but no hookups, soaked a bit of squid and ended up with a goldie and a cod and lots of smaller reefies.
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'