PUNCH UP,S AT SHADY ?

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

Re: PUNCH UP,S AT SHADY ?

Post by UncleD »

You telling me that there are times when the ONLY place to get a fish is the main barrage? I wouldn't wreck an LB's day by parking on top of him when I have so many other options that they don't. Courtesy....fishing is fun & friends remember?

My Giddy Aunt!
olfella
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by olfella »

I've seen 2 incidents of note.
A charter operator jumped the que, complete with punters sitting in the boat, and paid the price............a good start to the day for the punters not to mention the guide !!!

The second was better, 2 blokes decided to launch their boats and then stand next to them and have a yarn while about 30 others in the que were waiting for them to bugger off. One bloke just jumped out of the que in his old 4X4 and reverse his equally as old boat and solid trailer between the two , scrapping down the sides of both boats, gauging the paint work. The 2 owners went sicko until the driver got out of his vehicle. He was about 6'6" and 150 kgs. After copping a stern lecture about launching etiquette and strong advice about what will happen next time they meekly headed off
Some idiots just don't know any better, hard to imagine why
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

OF, I assume the price was at least a good verballing for the charter guide or did it get physical? Would love to have seen the second; what a classic! Sounds like the bloke just did what everyone else would love to do but are a touch shorter/lighter, or don't have an old boat & trailer.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
olfella
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by olfella »

Depends what you call physical..........someone standing over you in a threatening manner looking ready to punch your lights out at the drop of a hat............???

As for the owners of the other 2 boats, they just shat themselves.
The fact that both times the so called "aggressor" had the full support of the audience didn't help the 'receivers'

Bush justice.............if only it was legal , the world would be a better place
Slayer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Slayer »

3-4 years back a mate and I drove down to Shady the day before the saltwater side was to open. Our plan was to have a few ales :drinking2: (and other fish attracting substances :smoking: ) and fish the barrage at midnight onwards. Pulled up to see an old fella and his two sons ( both looked in their twenties) already fishing the saltwater side and catching a few to boot.My mate and I had a chat with them and told them saltwater side wasnt open yet- nice enough blokes and locals but continued doing the wrong thing...we flicked the fresh caught a few tarpon, drank beer etc when another fella pulls up sees what theyre doing and lauches a full on verbal assualt, old mate tells him to "garn git pucked" fella drives off and 30 min later comes back with a few mates and its on. Poeple choking, punching and the old fella was belting one guy with his rod butt. The 3 fellas, who came off second best hopped in their car and drove off, followed shortly after by the old fella and his sons. Wasnt a real bad fight with poeple hurt etc but it still killed my "relaxed vibe" :drinking2: :smoking: i was working hard to get, especially when coppers came down questioned us then hung around most the night checking my rigs etc.
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

OF, I guess someone standing over you in a 'threatening manner' falls into a grey area between verbal and physical!!

Slayer, I assume it was the checking of your 'etc' rather than your rigs by the police that was upsetting your karma??!
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
rockviewau
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rockviewau »

only punch ups i have at shady would be with the snags on the fresh side when im casting in there.... i would beat the poop outta the tree i think it is, if the place didnt have so many lil snappy things...