The 2010 FFF Awards

What's happening here, right now
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The 2010 FFF Awards

Post by Matt Flynn »

The 2010 FFF Awards

Better late than never! The trophies finally arrived after going missing before Xmas. The problem was an incorrect PO Box number.

2010 was another great year for FFF. People are enjoying the upgraded site and the user stats are going up fast.

Thanks to those who made suggestions for 2010 prize winners late last year, the same people were nominated by several FFFers. Nothing like consensus

IMPORTANT - if you have won a trophy or prize, email your postal address to me at [email protected]

And don't forget to buy NTMAG and FISH FINDER - the magazine sales keep this forum free.

Regards
Matt Flynn

The winners are ...

FFF Fishing Legend Trophy - for overall or upcoming contributions. The winner: Pecheur. His posts are always fun to read, and most of it from landbased fishing around Darwin. He was suggested by several FFFers to be a winner. TROPHY and PRIZE.

FFF Achiever's Award - Crackers - for his solo trailer boat trip to PNG, setting up a radio there for a remote tribe. http://fishingterritory.com/going-fishi ... 23609.html? TROPHY and PRIZE.

FFF Achiever's Award - BarraBeast - for his work on the artificial reef wrecks. No one has done more. http://fishingterritory.com/reefmakers- ... 22025.html TROPHY and PRIZE.

FFF Achiever's Award - 2rods - for work on the Palmerston radio repeater, and helping out FFFers generally. http://fishingterritory.com/nt-bluewate ... 22486.html? TROPHY and PRIZE.

FFF Achiever's Award - ronje - for expert technical advice and work co-ordinating the radio repeater install. http://fishingterritory.com/nt-bluewate ... 22486.html? TROPHY and PRIZE.

FFF Contributions Prize - for making the forum a better place. The winner: Dingo, who has taken on organising a new comp for FFFers, as well as maintaining his excellent FFF blog. PRIZE.

FFF Exxon Valdez Prize - the sinking award, usually given to a FFFer who sinks, but not this time. RUM-A-MUNDI for a post clearly showing someone's great misfortune at a Darwin boat ramp ... http://fishingterritory.com/post110372. ... ux#p110372 PRIZE.

FFF Chicken and Rice Award - the bad luck award. Winner - Dingo - lost his boat deposit in the GS Marine bankruptcy and closure. To make him feel better he gets the CHOOK TROPHY and a PRIZE.

FFF Lamb Shank Award - for injuries sustained while fishing. The winner: Brent Matthews. Brent has also filed a lot of great reports on FFF this year, including "how to make a lime green boat". :-) http://fishingterritory.com/misadventur ... 22453.html PRIZE.

FFF Reports Award - for consistently reporting on fishing trips. The winner: Shane Doevy. PRIZE.

FFF Billfish Award - for consistent reports on billfish. The winner: Double Haul (again). TROPHY.

FFF Reds on the Rick Mills Award - for a weird catch. The winner: Lincoln, for an oddball gudgeon. http://fishingterritory.com/post109608.html? PRIZE.

Best FFF Blog 2010 - The winner: Deepblack. His billfish blog is exceptional ... http://fishingterritory.com/blogs/tragic/ TROPHY.

Best FFF Post 2010 - Bushie - it wasn't so much Bushie's initial post but the thread that resulted. Bushie posted a comment about how a southern fishing writer had criticised NT fishos in her regular magazine article. She copped a good spray for her trouble ... http://fishingterritory.com/fishing-pol ... 23804.html? PRIZE

Best FFF Fishing Photographer 2010 - two winners this year, Sheeby and Tezza. TROPHIES.

FFF Hunter of 2010 - The winner: BarraBoss. Enemy No. 1 of feral pigs everywhere. Unfortunately he has gone a bit quiet on FFF lately. TROPHY.

There were many great fishing reports in 2010 that were worthy of prizes. It's the fishing reports that make FFF enjoyable, so keep posting. The 2011 FFF Awards will feature more prizes for fishing reports.

muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The 2010 FFF Awards

Post by muntzy »

Well done lads.!!! The FFF Fishing Legend Trophy definitely went to the right recipient. :clap: Onya Pech.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
rhookie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rhookie »

Congrats to all the winners of these prestegious awards!!!!
Admit nothing, Deny everything!
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for another good year! :mrgreen:
Cheers, :cheers:
John.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Some worthy winners Matt. The Chook trophy will be put straight into the pool room.

Great site you have going, it would be great if everyone could post with as much enthusiasm as Pecheur. Very worthy winner.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Congratulations everyone, good selections, particularly 2rods and ronje for their work on extending radio coverage :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Regards Dick
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Congrats to everyone, we need more pics Tezza :mrgreen:
craig308
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by craig308 »

Congratulations everybody this is the best site 8)
Cheers Craig
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

First, thanks for the Award, first time in my life that I win something like that...
I am even a bit surprise in fact to win one of these, as most of the regulars on this forum are much better angler than I, and catch a lot more and bigger fishes than I do.
And also, because, so fare for me it is more a good fun forum where any one can says what he/she wants, and I .... Don't know what to say really, thanks guys!

And congratulations to all the other winners who as opposed to me did some worthwhile thing to get there.
:applause: :clap: :applause:

And to Matt to give us all a place to hang out while not fishing, or at work for some... :lipsrsealed:
:wink: :lol:

Have a good day,
Pecheur

P.S: And thanks too to all the people from this forum who took me fishing during the past two years, either by giving me a lift or taking me in their boat. This is very much appreciated, thanks.
Last edited by Pecheur on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Hello

This is a bit humbling for a non-territorian.

I didn't achieve anything. You people did. There were quite a few people up there involved in the repeater project.

You people gave me the opportunity to sort a few things out that were happening in my life at the time. I'll always remember that. That there was a coincidence of interest was fortunate. And then there was Paul (2rods). What a gem.

The service that Matt provides is quite remarkable. There is such a wealth of experience, knowledge and talent to be found on this forum and most of you sell yourselves short in that department.

Anybody who feels like making it to the Roper (Tomato Island camp) anytime after 17th March would be welcome. I know its a fair old hike but it'd be good to catch up.

The coast guard's VHF repeater plan is coming along nicely and I'll keep u all across it.

Congrats to the other award winners. Well done.

regards
Ronj
Regards
Ronje
zulks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by zulks »

Definatly all deserving winners congrats :applause: :applause:
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Congratx to all the winners, all well deserved.

Cheers
Billy
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Congratulations to all
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Well done to everyone. Keep up the posts. Also hats off to everyone who parted with hard earned $$$ for the repeater. With out that we would have had nothing. Thanks to ronje the brains of the show too.
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

Pecheur wrote:Hi there,

First, thanks for the Award, first time in my life that I win something like that...
I am even a bit surprise in fact to win one of these, as most of the regulars on this forum are much better angler than I, and catch a lot more and bigger fishes than I do.
And also, because, so fare for me it is more a good fun forum where any one can says what he/she wants, and I .... Don't know what to say really, thanks guys!

And congratulations to all the other winners who as opposed to me did some worthwhile thing to get there.
:applause: :clap: :applause:

And to Matt to give us all a place to hang out while not fishing, or at work for some... :lipsrsealed:
:wink: :lol:

Have a good day,

Mate its not always about the biggest fish or write ups so bye experienced anglers , your proven that well done on the award. Your post are always gold to read, and well done to other winners as well :mrgreen:
Pecheur