Lures

Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Lures

Post by Davey D »

G'day fella's recently bought a few lures but they havent done anything, except the roosta popper that i lost on the weekend.

Any chance you could post up some pics of lures that have worked for you and would be worth buying.

The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
dolphinheads
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Lures

Post by dolphinheads »

Try a just under in Qantas colours. Had great success with this style under the moonlight around the full moon.

My favourite lure is a Cotton Cordell Rattlin Spot. These lures can catch anything from Barra, Queenfish, Trevally and all the bread and butter species. Pretty cheap too. Chrome with black top is the the best. They look just like a herring when worked right however would need a hook upgrade if you are fishing in waters that will produce big fish. Great lure becuase you can fish it at any depth.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Davey D wrote:G'day fella's recently bought a few lures but they havent done anything, except the roosta popper that i lost on the weekend.

Any chance you could post up some pics of lures that have worked for you and would be worth buying.

Davey,

You need to be a little more specific in order for us to help you mate.

What lures did you get? Perhaps YOU could post pics of your lures??

What are you fishing for?

What fishing technique are you using with the lures? Most require a "whip the slack" type motion to make the lure dart underwater rapidly, then allow the lure to float to the surface slowly, then give it another jerk.

Are you taking tides into account?

Dont worry well help ya out and get ya a fish :mrgreen: 8)
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

Davey you can call me or come out and have a look at what lures we use ,where and why
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Yer sorry fellas

Im landbased at the moment so jigs are pretty much out of the question.

Ive bought a few that i have seen on here and a few ive just heard a fair bit about, like the roosta popper in orange a couple of b52's some smaller models with similar patterns
is there specific colours that work better than other?

Im mainly fishing for cod, barra, trevally, queenies, salmon, jacks and snapper. anything that will come close inshore.

ive had a bit of success with the poppers and very shallow divers, also chrome slices which i think are pretty generic for their shape and size you could but 2 dollar ones and something is bound to want to eat it, just put better trebles on them.

ive never really used lures before i go here as fishing on east coast landbased consists for me a sinker hook and a prawn or nipper.

is there any favourite lures you guys use that nearly always work is my question.

have only just started to get the "whp th slack" thing going but i dont know if it is working all that well for me.
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
Fishindunky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Fishindunky »

Hi,

The best advice I could give is to buy a 15A Gold Bomber.
They will catch nearly every major target species in fresh water, estuaries and blue water.

Make sure you upgrade the trebles and work the lure with short hard whips.
If I could only have one lure in my tackle box it would be a Gold Bomber.
So much water, so little annual leave.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

You can never have too many lures mate. For me I am constantly changing lures for different times of the year, locations, etc. I mostly aim for barra when I fish.

Fishindunky is spot on with the gold bomber. Possibly the most versatile all round lure you can get. They have gone up in price the past couple of years maybe due to their popularity???!!?? They are normally around $18.

Also I like to use soft plastics especially over the wetseason. My favourite is the small squidgy slick rigs in drop bear colour. They are cheap, packs of 8 or whatever, not the end of the world if you snag them, and they work.

Good luck.

Cheers
:cheers: