Dinah Beach ramp pontoon

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

Dinah Beach ramp pontoon is ...

A great asset
83%
Ho hum
13%
I don't like it
4%

Total votes: 23

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dinah Beach ramp pontoon

Post by Matt Flynn »

Dinah Beach ramp pontoon looks like it has been finished for a while - but there has been no official opening which is odd.

I used it a few times this month and it appears to work well, and it sure is a luxury hopping off the boat onto a pontoon.

Any other opinions?

NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

It definitely makes for slower in/out times at the moment for me due to people parking in stupid spots on the pontoon and basically turning it into a 1 lane ramp.

I'm sure peoples useage of it will get better over time. Maybe they need some educational programs on TV for the new ramps...
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

I've used the ramp once only and when there was no traffic but think that it is a whole lot better than the east arm one. Not because there is any difference in the design of the pontoons but because it is fully sheltered it can be used at any time. If people park there boats in stupid places well thats not really the ramp or pontoons fault. Anyways I'd use it again over east arm.

Note people are also using this pontoon as a fishing platform. Even though the ramp is only on one side of the pontoon people still prefer to fish on that side. Saw someone pull a nice flattie from there actually.

Cheers
Moonman
:drinking1:
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Only used it the once and it was working OK.
Had someone holding a boat on the ede of the pontoon a little close to the ramp but they got the message when they saw my boat and trailer getting closer to them when I was launching and moved back into deeper water.
May be different if they decided to be stuborn.
Thumbs up from me.
Billy.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

I've used it a few times now - fantastic stuff if your solo & there is no other traffic. I've found as soon as there are another few boats it becomes a $hitfight :bricks:

Can't really blame them tho' - no-one appears to have any idea of what the protocol is with this sucka (I'm with Nathan - definitely slower in/out times).

A little bit of vision a few years back when they widened the ramp would have seen an extra meter of width, and then bang the pontoon straight down the middle to be accessed from both sides - launch/retrieve (I guess the same jerk that decides where to put traffic lights was involved in the planning :idea: )

I would like to get someone more illuminated than myself to explain to us all EXACTLY how it should work :P