Resizing Video Files

Put fishing videos only here, general videos have a another forum below.
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Resizing Video Files

Post by John Whitegoods »

Guys need some advice

I have a movie i shot on my JVC everio camera, has photos and a sound track inserted and i have burnt it onto a DVD

Question is - how do i resize the file so that i can upload it to the interent?

anyone know of any software that will do it in one hit?

any help would be appreciated

Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey man. i got the same camera. originally had alot of problem with the file extensions. but got a program that accepts them without having to do any conversions. It also has a the option when u make it what quality you want to produce. its at the end of the process which is handy cause i normally do a dvd version then one for youtube. The software also has an option to upload straight to you tube. you put in all your details and presto. i havnt been able to get it to work but i got a mate with the same cam and program who does it. think its something in my firewall..
the software is called cyberlink power director (ver 8 i think).. pretty good, craps all over WMM. cost bout 60bucks (over the net) tho..
ill see if its burnable or not if you want...

if not, Night Stalker is the man in the know.. he has same camera and knows all bout the good freeware.
:drinking1:
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

cheers CB - that is the software i used to make the vid ... but not sure what version ... ill have a closer look at it now and yeah see if i can get that quality down a bit ...

cheers for your help
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Night Stalker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Night Stalker »

If you just want to resize straight from the DVD that you have made then using a screen capture program maybe your best choice.
CamStudio is one which you could use or do a google search to find others.

http://camstudio.org/

If you still have the original file you may be better off working from that and resizing it for internet streaming.

YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats such as .WMV, .AVI, .MOV and .MPG You may get the best results by converting your file to MPEG4 video at 320 x 240 resolution with MP3 audio.

For Metecafe I use H.264 video at 1,000Kbps with AAC 44.1kHz audio and it works well for me.
Always upload at the highest quality that the site will accept as they re-compress to their own format and this will give you the best end result.

Good Luck
I contend that where you fish is the
most important factor in catching fish.
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Thanks NS much appreciated.
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave