Dinah CHOKED!

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dinah CHOKED!

Post by Chronic »

Well Jimstuch and i just headed down to dinah for an arvo session trolling...little did we know the majority of the NT was down there!! :banghead: :banghead:

Never seen so many boats trying to get in and out i should taken a photo!

I use that ramp a fair bit but today was too much and with the arvo storm coming we headed for home... :drinking2: :drinking2:

Maybe dinah needs 4 lanes :rofl: :fu:

:drinking1:

Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

considering Shady opens up this week .. I reckon fishing should spread out abit more and the conjestive fishing shouldnt be as big a problem.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

It does need four lanes - the problem will only get worse. And we are still waiting for the pontoon :|
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Yep and if people used it correctly it might help too...last time there some wanker parked on the ramp and went for a test run :banghead: :banghead:

I am looking forward to the AFANT AGM so I can ask where out pontoon is... especially after the fisheries minister told me on federal election day that it "should" be in by FEB2008 :bs: :bs:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
bandit

Post by bandit »

there should be some sort of test. when u get a boat trailer registered you must show ur skills in reversing. it is one thing that completely gives me the s...ts. people at bot ramps who cant reverse.
why not practise at the back of woolies on sunday arvo not at dinah beach.

i for one was taught by dad how to reverse before i even had my drivers licence. let alone a boat. for all these old timers out there that cant reverse. might be time to hang up the keys or get some new glasses. :lol:

i will prob get flak from this however i will challenge any old bugger who thinks im wrong.
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

just wait till you get old CB :smile:
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Patience
the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like..... Comes with age Im told.........but I got sick of waiting :bonk:
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
Buckaneer2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Buckaneer2 »

Hey Bandit take it easy on us "old timers", lots of young new comers don't have the experience to reverse a trailer either. BTW I was also taught by my dad on a farm at about age 10.

But you are right about those ( all ages) without the skills practicing some where else. :hunting: :hunting: :hunting: :hunting:
Smile, be happy & go fishing.

Work is getting in the way of my fishing.
My boss says fishing is getting in the way of my work.
I will soon fix both of our problems by quitting.
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

Everybody has the right to use the ramp .. be it they take longer than you or I ..
Sit back have a beer, or better yet .. Offer advice .. they amount of people that bitch and whinge that people cant reverse a trailer .. sheesh ..

Serious though who wants to reverse a trailer at a park .. meh just learn as you go .. very similar to fishing you always learn as you go ..

Think some people need to take a look at what they are saying and consider maybe taking a different approach.
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

2rods wrote:Yep and if people used it correctly it might help too...last time there some wanker parked on the ramp and went for a test run :banghead: :banghead:

Wouldnt be the well known boat dealer within stones throw would it?? :naughty:
They have done that to me too Paul.

CB the only way to deal with ramp congestion is to go home or launch from the bank, to this day still all you need is MONEY to own and use a boat.....not skill.....so we are doomed. :banghead:

:drinking1:
Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The NT Govt could have spent some of that $2.4m they gave the greyhound mob on an extra two lanes and more parking at Dinah Beach.

Good to see the greyhound mob have a win, but geez, how many Darwin people race greyhounds compared with how many go fishing?

I reckon someone up there in the NT Govt's hallowed halls does not like fishermen, either that or the ministers are getting poor advice from their minders.
Buckaneer2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Buckaneer2 »

More likely they own greyhounds Matt. Have to get into them at the AFANT agm. :hunting: :fishing:
Smile, be happy & go fishing.

Work is getting in the way of my fishing.
My boss says fishing is getting in the way of my work.
I will soon fix both of our problems by quitting.
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

unseen1 wrote:Everybody has the right to use the ramp .. be it they take longer than you or I ..
Sit back have a beer, or better yet .. Offer advice .. they amount of people that bitch and whinge that people cant reverse a trailer .. sheesh ..

Serious though who wants to reverse a trailer at a park .. meh just learn as you go .. very similar to fishing you always learn as you go ..

Think some people need to take a look at what they are saying and consider maybe taking a different approach.
Spot on unseen1 :mrgreen: A little patience is the go :grin: If you are in a hurry get down there and give them a hand and stop being impatient w%#kers :fubird:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

A little patience is the go
Absolutely, nothing worse than aggro on the boat ramp when you are going fishing to relax. Aggro achieves nothing - it probably just makes the wonky reversers even worse.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am the treasurer of the greyhounds Matt. Our Govt money is a percentage of revenue collected from taxes payed by TAB and betting agencies like Sporting Bet, Centre Bet etc. Part of the deal of being allowed to run out of Darwin is that a percentage of this money is placed back into local racing. The Horse races get a substantial ammount more than what we get. And I can assure you that thier is a lot more money spent on gambling in the NT every year than there is on fishing.

Ghound