A boatm, a Hilux & a Navarra all drowned at Darwin beach ??

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

A boatm, a Hilux & a Navarra all drowned at Darwin beach ??

Post by Angry »

Who was responsible for thios one ???

Towing fail, Hiklux bogged retreiving broken down boat then a navarra bogged trying to help & all caught by rising tide ??

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/nati ... 6088653177

Angry

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: A boatm, a Hilux & a Navarra all drowned at Darwin beach

Post by fishfanatic »

When the owner of the drowned Nissan Navarra (TerryC) comes back to site in a couple of days I will get all details for ya. His partner K may well be his EX partner now :rofl:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

LoL I don't understand why they just did not wait for the tide and pull the boat across to the beach. I mean seriously what were they thinking.

It's idiots like this that Make our insurance spike. I hope we get their insurance claim because if it comes across our desks we will check everything.
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

I feel sorry for them all. Hind sight is the vision of but holes. A mate of mine was walking along the beach and went out to give them a hand to try and push the vehicle out, obviously unsuccessfully. He said that people were just trying to help, which is a good thing really. It would be a real shame if people just stood around and yelled abuse of walked on by. Yes, mistakes were made and not what many of us would have done, but I feel truly sorry for all parties involved. Sad and expensive.

Doors Off
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Aye, would have been a horrible experience for them.

They were out there living the dream, which turned into a nightmare, as it does occasionally. I'm happy to chip in a little extra insurance premium to ease their pain, we have all done dumb things in 4WD and boats. It is paying insurance for thieves that I don't like.

All people make mistakes, except my missus ...
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Mr RiverBabe wrote:LoL I don't understand why they just did not wait for the tide and pull the boat across to the beach. I mean seriously what were they thinking.

It's idiots like this that Make our insurance spike. I hope we get their insurance claim because if it comes across our desks we will check everything.
Not sure of your point there MRB - and what sort of a person makes veiled threats on an open forum - I for one would not want you to have anything to do with my insurance - must be great to be perfect and never make a mistake!!

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Myst
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Myst »

quote=Mr RiverBabe" LoL I don't understand why they just did not wait for the tide and pull the boat across to the beach. I mean seriously what were they thinking.

MRB, mate, if you were any more of a muppet you'd have your own tv show. People panic and make mistakes when accidents happen. Obviously stuff like this just doesnt happen to you, being so perfect and all. Unlike you, us mere mortals do pull the odd clanger

I agree that waiting for the tide and floating the boat back would have been a better idea, but sitting there in your armchair playing the expert and judging so harshly just makes you look the fool mate. And i have the luxury of time to sit here and think about it without threat of the incoming tide

"It's idiots like this that Make our insurance spike. I hope we get their insurance claim because if it comes across our desks we will check everything"
I thought thats what insurance was for? Accidents? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here mate.
Last edited by Myst on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm having Deja Moo... the feeling that I've been through this bullsh*t before....
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

You can think what you like myst. That's why we live in Australia. I see stupid things like this done every day. By going over the file with a fine tooth comb I mean if they were drinking etc. If this is the case then the claim will be denied. It's a pretty simple concept.

If it turns out that it was just bad luck then there is no way you can decline a file just for stupidity especially with it occurring on a public beach. This kinda of poop pisses me to no end simply because we see it so bl..dy often. Panicking is one thing but one would think being that close to shore you would just walk it across or even still use the anchor rope to pull it across. Obviously there were plenty of hands around to help.

I am glad your all so happy to pay extra out
Of your pocket because of others not thinking
Stuff Through. I know we are all not perfect but I like to think o won't have such a lapse in common sense when it comes to a situation like this.
Myst
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Myst »

MRB, I'm not going to enter into debate about whether what they did was the right or wrong course of action to take, and yeah silly stuff happens every day. Well, to those of us imperfect plebs, anyway. Obviously you're not one of us!

I see certain aspects of life every day that others may not see, a lot of it doesnt make sense to myself or the normal prudent person. It still doesnt give me the right to play armchair assassin at the expense of others unfortunate enough to find themselves in a bad situation.

Glad to see your concern for those involved in this accident though mate, downright decent of you to give their insurance claim your special attention. Have a good day :)
I'm having Deja Moo... the feeling that I've been through this bullsh*t before....
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sarrge »

Nice to see personal bias doesn't affect the way some people do their job........

*sarcasm off*

As Myst said "people panic and make mistakes when accidents happen"

Good to see some empathy in the forum!!
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

who do you work for Mr RiverBabe? My policy is up for renewal and I might need to change provider? :rofl:
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

:rofl: :rofl:
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For some reason all this time I have been thinking you were a copper MR RB but now I see its so much worse than I thought

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyone work for the ATO??? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Ghound
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Sorry Nathan we are not an insurance company. We investigate insurance cases and make sure there all legit. If they are then there is no problems but if there not then there is issues that need to be sorted. Which is the same in any case regardless of the situation.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Freedom of speech certainly does include freedom to be a dickhead, just don't use it as an excuse to be a dickhead.

Pity the drowned car wasn't a hotted up Nissan Micra which had flown off the cas beach cliffs while doing do'es...