Shady Sunday

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Shady Sunday

Post by LCMA »

While I have fished shady quite a bit during the run off in the past few years. We decided to head out over the long weekend and see what it was like when there was no run off around. Never fished the Jewie marks before so we headed straight out to see what all the fuss was about. To my surprise there's not much water out there only 5 metered at best. Double checked my marks and was around the right place. So fished for a while only catching small finger mark in plague proportions. Decided to head back to the mouth of Sanpan for a troll on the incoming tide. First troll run the daughter landed this beauty 107cm only the second Barra she has ever caught. You can see by the look on her face she's pretty happy. She followed that up with 2 nice salmon. Out fished her mother and me and didn't she let us know it. That's all we heard for the next couple of days. Great to see her land the fish, she wanted to hand the rod over a couple of times because she was getting tired and didn't want to lose it. But after a few pep talks she got through. Took a bit to swim the fish but after a while of biting down on my thumb and a few good tail slaps she swam off with no problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scamper
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Shady Sunday

Post by Scamper »

great fishing trip, well done and good post.
The jew fish out the front are either biting or they are not.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Great fish. I also have missed the last : attempts at a Jew at night out there??????
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

:applause: Whoooh, what a fish! Well done!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Awesome stuff she does look happy well done.

Cheers
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Long time no see LCMA. Well done to the karate kid 8)
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Ripper fish!

Good on ya,
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Need a surgeon to get that smile off. Well done !!.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

She's got every right to let you know how you were outfished. Give it some time, the story will get better and better as well :mrgreen:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great baz!

Yep, it's a shallow reef, but can be stacked with jewies. Sometimes a good, fresh bait can make all the diff.

Good to hear about the little fingermark, means there will be big fingermark in future.
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by LCMA »

Hey Mark it has been a while. Not doing as much fishing as I would like and catching less. First Barra for the year was a 99.7 at Shady in January and it's all gone down hill from there. We'll have to catch up for a drink.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Nice work:)