Shady trip Sunday

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Shady trip Sunday

Post by LCMA »

While I have fished shady quite a bit during the run off in the past few years. We decided to head out over the long weekend and see what it was like when there was no run off around. Never fished the Jewie marks before so we headed straight out to see what all the fuss was about. To my surprise there's not much water out there only 5 metered at best. Double checked my marks and was around the right place. So fished for a while only catching small finger mark in plague proportions. Decided to head back to the mouth of Sanpan for a troll on the incoming tide. First troll run the daughter landed this beauty 107cm only the second Barra she has ever caught. You can see by the look on her face she's pretty happy. She followed that up with 2 nice salmon. Out fished her mother and me and didn't she let us know it. That's all we heard for the next couple of days. Great to see her land the fish, she wanted to hand the rod over a couple of times because she was getting tired and didn't want to lose it. But after a few pep talks she got through. Took a bit to swim the fish but after a while of biting down on my thumb and a few good tail slaps she swan off with no problems.

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Shady trip Sunday

Post by Lats »

Sounds awesome. Would love to see some photos