Road to Salt Water Arm Boat Ramp

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
buzzdog
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Road to Salt Water Arm Boat Ramp

Post by buzzdog »

Mitcho wrote:Hey buzz dog I was out there Wednesday night managed to bag a 102 and a 96 Jew and a few little ones aswell sittin on the Jew hole round 2am . Fished the first Wiltshire creek for barra the rest of the time we were out (overnighter) got squat we were marking up fish but they didn't seem hungry.
Road was a fu**ing mess coming home too chopped right up ..

Do the hard yards get rewarded ... :)
G'day Mitcho,
Well done mate! Very Jelly right now as I'm yet to land a jewfish over 45cm. The jew hole was an impressive sight, we found the edge at round 2.5m and the hole dropped away down to 11.5m.
Ok cool, I don't feel so bad now with no Barra if you came up the same. We did see some good fish in and around the big eddy, but couldn't seem to raise anything? The water was a little dirty and from everything that I've read, it's better to fish it on the neaps when the water is much clearer.
Yes the road was crappy, although I thought it would have been worse as I've seen the Roper Highway and the road to tomato island carved up far worse.
So when you are hunting Jewfish, is there a particular tide and or time of the tide you are looking for?