Salt water arm

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Dyksy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Salt water arm

Post by Dyksy »

Hi all,

Looking at launching from Saltwater arm over the long weekend coming up. Just after anything I should know about around that area? As its my first time heading out that way.
I have a 4.25m boat with a 40hp and terrible luck(clearly no idea) with barra.

I have heard of some car break in's around there at the boat ramp?

Or am I better off launching from Leeders creek? Looking to flick for barra and possibly hit a jew hole or 2.

Not after anyone's spots just some general info of anything I need to be cautious of? And while i'm at it Gunn point beach for camping?

Cheers,

Dyksy
:fishy:

Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Salt water arm

Post by Edo »

Dyksy, Road out there is pretty good at the moment,there is a rock bar not far from the ramp but its not to bad if you have at least 3 metres of tide.
flick the mouths of the wiltshires ,good luck
Edo
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

There is a long shallow rockbar right below SWA ramp which requires care.

There is a jew reef at the mouth of the Adelaide, fishable at turn of tide only. My fave creek in the area is 'Chad's Creek' at the base of Cape Hotham. Need at least around 3m of tidal movement for it to fire up, around a 2.6m low means you can usually fish the mouth through the run-out and run-in without getting stuck in the mud. The whole west side of Hotham is fun to explore, the east side is a long trip and more exposed in easterlies.

The Wilshire Creeks near the Narrows can be good, usually around the mouths on a neap tide, you'll need to use your sounder to locate fish.

Plenty of drains in the area to fish on outgoing tide, and usually a few muddies to be had throughout.
Yoop_ya
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yoop_ya »

Hey mate the right hand side just before you go through the narrows is worth a troll aswell, real deep with a wicked back eddy. Seen a few fish caught there!