East alligator

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

East alligator

Post by Mitcho »

Heading to kakudu this weekend for a birthday staying at the kakudu lodge :drinking5:
Thinking the boats prob gunna wanna come ... Sooo if I'm driving down the Arnhem and I look behind to see the 5m following me I'm not gunna tell it to ...get back ...stay... Lol
was wondering if someone can shed some light on the east as I've never been there :fishing:
Most likely be a quick few hours trolling the tide changes as have non flicking skilled people in the boat :shock:
Low is .9 round 12 on sat how much water do u need to launch (will check fff book when I get boat back from mechanic ) and any rock bar , sandbars I need to know about
Tips would be great but I think if I stick to what I know, drains ,ledges , finding fish, structure I should do ok .
Has anyone fished out that way lately ?
Any info appreciated :cheers: :mrgreen:

Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: East alligator

Post by Fish Tank »

Mitcho wrote:Heading to kakudu this weekend for a birthday staying at the kakudu lodge :drinking5:
Thinking the boats prob gunna wanna come ... Sooo if I'm driving down the Arnhem and I look behind to see the 5m following me I'm not gunna tell it to ...get back ...stay... Lol
was wondering if someone can shed some light on the east as I've never been there :fishing:
Most likely be a quick few hours trolling the tide changes as have non flicking skilled people in the boat :shock:
Low is .9 round 12 on sat how much water do u need to launch (will check fff book when I get boat back from mechanic ) and any rock bar , sandbars I need to know about
Tips would be great but I think if I stick to what I know, drains ,ledges , finding fish, structure I should do ok .
Has anyone fished out that way lately ?
Any info appreciated :cheers: :mrgreen:
With only a few hours to play with you'd be better off going on the fresh side mate. But if you go down stream theres a big rock bar 500m down from the boat ramp. You'll need half tide up at least to get over it. It's a massive river so yeah like you said stick to what you know.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

The river is having a flow at present, good rain out last night. Police closed the crossing this afternoon as the river rose. It is at .8 m http://kakaduroadreport.wordpress.com
Last edited by Dundee Hombre on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disco
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by disco »

Bring the insect repellant
www.tidesandtrails.com
My camping and fishing stories, including some cool locations
Instagram: tidesandtrails
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Ok cheers fish tank will take care over rock bar , if I don't head into the fresh .thanx dundee handy to know what's open and not , undecided about the boat now might not be worth it as it is a birthday I'm going too.. Might wait and set a proper trip up .any one no of a good billabong to through some lewers around ?
ann.aburro

Post by ann.aburro »

The river should come down soon and reopen. Been a nice little flow to let all of the barra get down river.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Mate just hit shady on the way back, fresh side if it's too low too launch in salt side.
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne