Fatal Accident Parap Lights 12 June 2014

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Kaos364
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fatal Accident Parap Lights 12 June 2014

Post by Kaos364 »

G'day guys, not sure if it has been covered elsewhere, but I thought I would just let the forum know that Scotty Jarman, the Naval officer who was tragically killed on the 12th June was an extremely passionate barra fisherman, and indeed a member of this very forum (Scottcjarman). His pride and joy was his Tabs Territory Pro (purchased from a forum member on here I believe, dark blue hull and used to have Daiwa decals on the bow), and the only reason he never posted much on here was because he was always out wetting a line at Shady, the Daly, Roper, where ever he thought the fish were.

I had the privilege of working alongside Scotty in the Navy on his last patrol boat crew for a significant amount of time. He was the man you wanted beside you when everything was going to poop. He was a leader, a mentor, and above all, he was a great friend. The world is just a little bit darker now without him in it. I was also fortunate enough to attend his funeral last weekend in Cairns, an event that he most certainly would have approved of as there was copious quantities of alcohol afterwards... And of course many, many mates reminiscing about their favourite memory of Scott Conrad 'Jupiters' Jarman.

RIP Scotty, gone but never forgotten mate.

Cheers, Mick

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Fatal Accident Parap Lights 12 June 2014

Post by Matt Flynn »

Thanks for letting us know Mick. Sorry to hear of the loss of a good mate.

Life can change in a blink.

RIP Scotty Jarman.
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Didn't know him Mick, but condolences to yourself, Scotty's family & all mates. Such a root when these things happen through no fault of your own. RIP, thanks & cheers Scotty.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Thanks for letting us know. RIP