Yamaha impeller Issue.

cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Yamaha impeller Issue.

Post by cjgp »

Try pulli g the impeller housing off and use vaseline as a seal on all mating surfaces

While the leg is off, push the hose onto the exposed water pipe running up to the motor and see while the engine is off, if water pumps through and out the tell tail.

Take the hose from motor to tell tail off at the motor amd see if water comes out there while the hose is still attached as described and if not try to gently reverse flush from that hole back

Its going to be minor I can tell you now...

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

cjgp wrote:Try pulli g the impeller housing off and use vaseline as a seal on all mating surfaces

While the leg is off, push the hose onto the exposed water pipe running up to the motor and see while the engine is off, if water pumps through and out the tell tail.

Take the hose from motor to tell tail off at the motor amd see if water comes out there while the hose is still attached as described and if not try to gently reverse flush from that hole back

Its going to be minor I can tell you now...
Cheers mate for input. Still could not get it to work so I booked it into George tomorrow to get it sorted.
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

when you are putting the leg back on your not aligning the water outlet pipe into the waterpump housing!! when you pull the leg off you will see on the raised side of the waterpump a circle (hole) when you look up inside where you pulled the leg off you will see a metal pipe about 5-10mm. when you put the leg back on make sure this pipe goes inside that hole in the waterpump.
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

Ohh is that little key thing still in the impeller?
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

Nope that key that sits inside the impeller is a locating key. It holds the impeller to the drive shaft. If this isn’t in the shaft would spin and the impeller would sit still.

See the photo attached the water tube/pipe and where it goes. The gearbox will still go on fine if the water tube doesn’t goes into the correct place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

The key question was for balou
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Thanks mippa and cjpp,

Got the boat back from George this afternoon and everything working again. Feedback was a combination of things including boo boo fitting the leg back together.

George gave the carbie a clean and tuned the motor so its running a lot better. the whole motor was also checked over ,cleaned and a gaskets replaced. Just stuff I missed becaused u tube didn't show :D :D

The amount of time invested researching, running around chasing tools and parts and loosing a day fishing on the water it would have been cheaper just to book it in .

I don't think I will be doing my own servicing in the future. The only positive is that I know a lot more about how my outboard works.

I highly recommend George from N.T Unique for any outboard servicing. George is not back yard cheap but a lot cheaper then all the other boat yard.
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

know this is a while ago but what was the boo boo balou?