tough mono ??

landlocked

tough mono ??

Post by landlocked »

last big trip away i thought i would give pen 10x i 20lb mono line a go and was not real happy with it fishing in the snags. it seemed to shread up easy.
what have other people had sucess with ? cheers

From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!

Post by BEAR »

Gday landlocked,
If thats your main line peel it off and spool up with some good 30ld braid mate :mrgreen: if it's your leader then go for some 60lb jinkai, back magic, sneider etc that should do the trick :idea:

landlocked

Post by landlocked »

thanks for the tip bear but i prefer mono for the main line and use 50lbfor the leader [ when live baiting] use braid when lureing just ptrefer mono with bait. cheers

mono

I used Platypus mono with no problems, then I went to braid.

I've tried so many types of lines. If you want good but cheap leader material in 100m spools, try Schneider mono.

I used to use platypus pink before braid and it was great but I reckon you are on the money using mono for live baiting,for leader black magic or jinkai ,schnieder is much cheaper and majority of people use it but I find it a bit stiff.

mono

You after main line or leader?
Main line I use mostly braid but used to use Platypus Platinum and was very happy with it. Still have it on a couple of reels. Quite thin and fairly low stretch as far as mono goes. Next to no memory. Also good around the snags. :cheers:

landlocked

Post by landlocked »

have used schnieder for leaders since the dawn of time , just after a decent mono main line. thanks fellas.
back-cast

Post by back-cast »

..........i like "jack erskine" the flouro orange one it ties the best knots and seems to be very durable, i fished 4 kilo line for one week at the jessie river on melville and only lost one lure to a fish, but i hav'nt used it for about ten years, i'm not even sure if they still make it, but i supose you could ring erskine's tackle in cairns

:cheers: ........... :cheers: .................. :cheers: ............ :cheers: ................ :cheers: ............. :cheers:

line

Have used the Erskine as well. Still got some on a popper chucker setup with the flouro pink in 10kg. Accounted for a few nice macks. Not probs with that one. Think Got One had a couple of spools of it in their bargain bin. Might be worth a look. :cheers: