New rod and reel

Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

New rod and reel

Post by Hally10 »

Just picked up my new daiwa Combo. Monster mesh 7'2" with a saltist 4500. Can't wait to get it out to,hit some pelagics.

Lilman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New rod and reel

Post by Lilman »

May i ask how much you got it for?
Cheers, lachie!
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Buy the Stradic over the Saltist, I've had both (note the word had!) the Saltist was a piece of $hit, in terms of what I paid for it compared to its' performance it was probably the worst reel I have ever brought and ended my Daiwa spin reel purchases. It imploded on itself after 18 months and what probably amounted to 20 trips at most. Corrosion was a MAJOR issue resulting in the need for the reel to be repeatedly pulled down and anyone who knows me will tell you I look after my gear ( My main Baitcaster is 8 years old and still going hard) and lightly rinse it and apply Ballistol after every trip. I have had a 5000 FJ Stadic since they were released and it is still as good as the first day I brought it even after a Light tackle Billfish season. I am yet to change the drag but I think Carbontex is the only thing it needs to improve it.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Sorry Hally, didn't mean to monster your post or knock your purchase (the Monster Mesh series is nice) thought it was a continuation of another thread.
Cheers,
John.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.