Cooking Barramundi Cod

Show off your best recipes or grab one here and impress your partner.
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Cooking Barramundi Cod

Post by got-none »

Hi all, as you know i got a treat the other day. a barramundi cod in the harbour :catch: . i was a bit unsure how to cook it :| so i tried something new and it came out tasting awesome :applause: . i thought i'd share my recipe.
get a lime, a lemon, a onion, 2 tomatoes, chop them all up into a bowl, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and pour it into the mixture and stir, add a bit of garlic, bit of salt and pepper and a bit of steak seasoning and mix. then stuff the ingredients into the gut cavity of the fish and pack it in tight, pour the left over mixture over the fish and wrap it up in alfoil, 15 minutes each side on the weber and hey presto. goes down well with a beer :drinking2: . ive tried this recipe of goldies and jew and it taste good. everyones got there own taste but for a simple flavour filled recipe you cant go wrong. cheers :drinking1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Thats got my mouth watering :grin:
meatgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by meatgroup »

YUM.... How many layers of foil do you wrap around the fish for the webber mate ? I had found with only one layer it makes the skin of the fish stick to the foil a bit....

Too many layers and it takes a few too may beers to cook ..... :cheers:

Nice looking feed though
Be alert.... the world needs more lerts
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

i wrap it up once loosely then one more layer tight as i can get it and when it comes time i just rip the foil slowly andthe skin stays on. if you use lemon or something moist ive found it helps keeps the skin on :mrgreen:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Looks extremely appertising got none, even without the additives it still would of been tops :mrgreen:
i tend to use butter within the foil to prevent skin sticking, 1 layer of alfoil for the fan forced oven 2 for the barbie. :drinking1:
Image Image