Reef fishing at 1770

seafarer
Seadog
Seadog

Reef fishing at 1770

Post by seafarer »

After a 3 weeks fishing in NT 4 barra you think that we be sick of it :rofl: as if so fourstroke damo and I hooked up the seafarer and head to 1770 about 400km north of brisy it was great the trout red throat spanish mackerel were all biting and within seven hours of fishing we were bagged out on quality table fish. If anyone gets a chance to head over that way, it is definitely worth the trip. ps what's the biggest chinamen fish you have seen? This one was over 20 kilos that Damo caught after about a twenty minute fight on 24 kilo tackle Damo was lying over the esky sucking some big ones in trying to get enough energy to try and hold the big one up for the photo. Please give us some feedback about the Chinamen size
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"hold on "
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Great fish mate - ive never caught one personally but that is a BEAUTY - great work.

Shane
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :fishing: :fishing:
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
maxan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maxan »

Big fish, did you eat it?
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

The chinamen are not a common catch up around Darwin, you get a few off Dundee and out at Flat top (not that we did). As for how big yours is.... biggest one I have seen was only around 15kgs.....

As for eating them??? no way would I eat one from QLD due to Sigritera (SP) but up here I know people who eat them... give a bit to your next doors cat.....if it is alive in the morning you can eat it... if its dead don't eat it..... find more cats :naughty: :naughty:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by flicker »

G day seafarer, never caught a chinaman fish but have stayed at 1770 and it sure is a beutiful place. Only fished landbased off the rocks there on the headland, cant remember what its called bit of a goat track around to it though. caught heaps of bonito casting pillies off there.
That was back in 94 I bet it has changed a bit since then population wise.

Cheers Flicker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
you don't know if you don't give it a go
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

chinaman fish

Post by andrew.south »

caught 2 out at flat top last easter both obout the same size 80 od cms dont know what they weighed.
have to agree with 2rods, should only be used for cat food :grin: :grin: :rofl:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Great fish I hear they pull really hard as you guys found out.