Good Lowrance Elite 5 Deal

fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Good Lowrance Elite 5 Deal

Post by fishfanatic »

http://www.dealtime.com/-lowrance+elite+5x+best+price

Got a good deal :wink: :P from the US - Lowrance Elite 5 Fishfinder Combo for $546 AUS including postage. Click on link and then on the first listing - Hodges marine
As long as youre willing to take the risk of Lowrance Aus not covering your warranty - but what do ya want for that kind of money :P
Last edited by fishfanatic on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
bunji
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bunji »

What are` they asking for this unit here and does anyone have any recommendations for a gps-sounder combo that is still available used in rivers and sea
luke79
Seadog
Seadog

Post by luke79 »

hmm.. im pretty sure the elite 5x is just a sounder, not a combo.. you might wanna double check that, pretty sure the elite 5 is the combo?
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Well all went haywire. They cant send units overseas due to agreement with Manufacturer. Becoming all too frequent these days.... :-(
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

I picked up an eagle 640c for around the 500 mark just before Christmas. eBay aus but came from us. Seems ok for what it is. Nauticpath maps are cheap but not really that great. Navionics on my iPhone is much better.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

I bought some gear from OS but by the time i had to send it backwards and forwards a few times it ended up costing me money so i would be careful about buying form overseas unless of course you are confident nothing is going to go wrong with it.
Better dealing .locally despite the fact you will pay a bit more intially.
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Fruity
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Fruity »

If you want to get around the " we don't sell overseas" set up an account with Borberlinx,
They give you a US and UK address.
You then buy your stuff and get it sent to borderlinx.
Your American Address.

When borderlinx gets it they email you and tell you the postage costs to australia,
You can even get a quote on the postage before buying, Whats more you can pay by PAYPAL which is safe.
8-) I have saved heaps using this method.
Cheers :cheers:
Fruity

Fishing is a condition of mind wherein you cannot possibly have a bad time.
Zane Grey.
SS Suede

Cant post outside if US BS!!!

Post by SS Suede »

forget bordersux
If you're still looking to shop online from the United States, you should try www.Viaddress.com.
A few of my friends have been using Viaddress to get products shipped from the United States because most US merchants and US ebay sellers don't ship outside the US.
You can open an account for free on www.viaddress.com and you get a US address. You can then ship products to your suite at Viaddress, then have Viaddress forward them to you.
You just pay Viaddress for the shipping fees, and their rates are the lowest that I could find.

http://www.viaddress.com
Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

I bought a Lowrance LCX27 fish finder & GPS combo from the states.

However after 18 minths the GPS stopped working, by the time I send it back & pay postage both ways, could have got it here in Aussie.

Here a link to a shop in Melbourne great deals on Sounder & heaps opf other gear also.

http://www.chsmith.com.au/
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Angry

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

US address

Post by jasonmcc »

This USA address information is GOLD. THanks heaps

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Don't forget navico no longer have a service centre in Aus. If it's not under warrenty it's not supported. Makes you wonder if spending 5g on lowrance gear is worth when you are totally on your own after a year.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.