Feed of Crabs (saltwaterarm)

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Feed of Crabs (saltwaterarm)

Post by ponyplay »

Bit of info for all those mad keen mud crabbers. May be worth the drive out to saltwater arm. Took 5 traps with me and managed to snag 10 nice full bucks out of three pulls. Had bit of a bottom bash in narrows for little result, though i seen couple nice jewies cought in another boat :catch:
So any one who's chaseing a feed may be worth a look out there, road was in preety good nick to . Couple wash outs to watch out for but in all, preety good :cheers: .

rammers

Post by rammers »

nice work pony play, i went out there on sat and was pleasantly surprised bout the condition of the road. I should of put the crab pots in, didnt get a hit all day on the lures, had some small stuff nibbling on the turn but no luck on jewies either. Had a chat to a few others and no-one got anything either, til i hit the boat ramp. A group of guys got onto a 115cm big girl on the trawl, lucky buggers!!

Thanks for the heads up on crabbing, will put the pots in next time!
tinni
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tinni »

couplw of mates of mine spent the night fishing the mputh and out to the islands and cleaned up on the jews, biggest going 40lb :mrgreen: I will see if i can get a pic off him and post it up, sould like this is the area to be to catch a few.