Flicking at some culverts

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

I reckon I spoke to the same kid last weekend when I was down there... Wasn't much chance of catching anything as the kids had a three seater canoe paddling around in the middle of the creek finding lures snagged in the rocks and trees.

Funny story though... I was having a flick and chatting with the kids when the coppers pulled up and questioned us about kids swimming in the creek as someone had reported them swimming after a croc sighting. Fair enough but let him know they were just in the canoe looking for lures. As they drove off they noticed a small red car that appeared to be abondonned with no bonnet or rear window and plenty of dings and a semi caved in roof. On closer inspection they found a couple of bags and some fishing gear. Turns out the young fellas (aged 11) had loaded the canoe on the roof of the car and driven it down the road a bit to the culvert. The canoe would have been at least twice the length of the car. Guess the poor buggers didn't expect to have the coppers come round... Anyways I got out of there before I got to involved but im sure their parents wouldn't have been too impressed. Still I sure I would have done the same at that age. Good on em for getting out there and having fun!

Cheers
Moonman
:cheers:

Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

In my experience MM the coppers up here are pretty wired in. if it was dangerous they would have growled the kids....if not, Im sure they would have just made sure they were legal. I remember as a young lad (vaguely) riding my MX bike (RM 250B) to the beach to ride with my mates. We got done a few times on the way there or back. Then one day the local coppers turned up at our homes. They hauled us all in to the central station and sat us down together. They said they realised that if we were not out riding we would probably be stealing cars. Knowing we couldnt get a bike and a car to tow it they told us if we put a horn, a rear view mirror and a stop light on the bikes we could ride them to the track or the beach and they would leave us alone......quality policing!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Yep that was the same one Moony he reckons they got in a bit of strife ,maily because it had no rego/insurance, he loves his fishin that little fella.
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

Theres a couple of quality Gators hanging round up the top of Lizzy River this year. I live on the Townend Rd end of the river system and our neighbours lost a couple of dogs to a 2.7m specimen last year. That means hes travelled through Lizzy culvert, through Weaver and Alverly Culverts and ended up next to Townend rd. One 3m+ was caught at the Highway (Bridge) last week. Another 3m+ sighted at the back of a block on Weaver rd last week. And word of a decent size hanging round the drain at the back of Hamptons ( Runs into Elizabeth at the culvert) This whole area is within about a three'ish Km distance up or down from the Lizzy Valley rd culvert. And Surprise,Suprise! People, KIDs, Dogs and Horses all still swimming and mucking around in all these spots. The one on Alverly has now got a rope strung across it. I went past the other day and there was a number of Kids all dangling of the rope in the current.
Funny , I was just reading a Game fishing Article on TEASERS!!!
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Went fo a drive out Noonamah way today and stopped and had a flick at the Elizabeth road culvert. Could hear the Barra boofing up in the pipes that cross under the road. Couldnt catch any though. Even tried dropping my rubber so it washed into the pipe and jigging it through.