raw barra

Show off your best recipes or grab one here and impress your partner.
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

raw barra

Post by meter_seeker »

heres a p...ed recipie cooked up tonight with myself and the bandit pretty simple really.
all u need is a bit of soy sauce, some fresh barra fillets
-pour some soy in your beer or whiskey glass
- add some fresh thin sliced bazza
-wait as long as your hunger alows
-then mung away :mrgreen:
simple dinner for some intoxicated fisherman :rofl:

Image Image
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

raw

Post by flicker »

Geez you 2 are getting a bit desperate aren't ya, intoxicated would be the most important ingredient I reckon :rofl:

Cheers Flicker :mrgreen:
you don't know if you don't give it a go
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Desperate..

Post by fishfanatic »

gee that's a little more upmarket than a tomato sauce sandwich :applause: ..can remember who had that one off the top of my head...
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

How many of you are fans of semi raw fish? numbas, (i think thats how you spell it) tends to be a popular way of doing it, im curious to know how you do it and what do you mix and match?
Caught a trevally today and this is all i do to knock up a small appetiser.
Basic marinade consisting of- lemon/lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, crushed ginger, salt/pepper, brown/raw sugar, finely grated onion, crushed chilli.
Mix it all up as desired, chuck in thinly sliced fish fillet, meat should turn whiter if white fillet or brown if red fillet pretty much get into it by this stage. :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
Daisy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Daisy »

That's a good recipe for Numus Seeker, it's pretty much the same marinade I chuck in the boat in a jar if I do an overnighter but also usually throw in a few chopped coriander leaves and some fish sauce to give it a bit of a Thai twist. The Broome locals over here have an identical recipe they call sesame or seshame which is a derivative of sashimi they picked up off of Japanese pearl divers, it's also known as numus up in FNQ and the Torres Straight islands once again picked up from the Japanese divers and also has coconut in it, I've tried most versions of it and it's all good as long as the fish is real fresh.
MMM I gotta go hunting Queenfish.
Happiness is having fishy fingers with a stiff rod in your hand!!!
The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of the website owner, it's operators or anyone else for that matter.
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey MS i like how you added abit of greenery for presentation :rofl: :drinking1:
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

bl..dy savages!!! If God meant fish to be eaten raw WHY would he have invented batter?????
Regards Dick
bandit

Post by bandit »

well abit of addition to the raw barra thread. in the latest over night saga, myself, meter seeker and cam24, hit the bay with salad fingers and gonzo.. a real fff affair. :rofl:
we only managed one fish but made light work of it. bled, filleted and chilled down fo 30 mins, the fish was sliced up and put in a bowl with some soy. this time the new addition was a kaffir lime. bl..dy beautiful. really set it off. between the 5 of us we hoed down a fillet off an 85 in no time at all.

as mentioned above the main ingredient is an intoxicated fisherman.. :drinking2: :lol:

but on a serious note... it is quite tasty, worth a try for all you lads out there. i must say the saltwater barra was much nicer than the sushi from the daly earlier in the year... :drinking1:
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

coroboreebandit wrote: kaffir lime. bl..dy beautiful.
sounds wicked. i reckon washing it down with that new Calton Fusion(lime floured beer) would be perfect.

forget wine matching to your food, beer matches with everything! :rofl:

ps
how do we know meter seeker is actually eating the fish and not one of his extra large size boogers? :-? :shock: :rofl: :wink:
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

Dick wrote:bl..dy savages!!! If God meant fish to be eaten raw WHY would he have invented batter?????
:clap: :clap: Here here :clap: :clap:
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

BarraBeast wrote:how do we know meter seeker is actually eating the fish and not one of his extra large size boogers? :-? :shock: :rofl: :wink:
Theres hardly a difference between the two :lipsrsealed: :lol:
Image Image