The best missus ever

noundz

The best missus ever

Post by noundz »

Well I have been wanting to try a new prop on the boat for a while :wink: So about 7 months ago I got in contact with Solas and they recommended I try a stainless 17inch 4blade :mrgreen: No worries 'cept for the price $750 :banghead: I let it go for a while :wink:

The last trip back from the Walker (about 3 weeks ago) I decided I wanted one but with a wedding in may 08 and a very tight budget for it I decided not to worry about it until after the wedding :angel:

Well my birthday is on the 24/12(chrissy eve) and my pessie had showed up and the missus said I could have it early if I liked :mrgreen: I said no but the kids wanted me to open it :wink:

There it was a brand new stainless 14 1/4 x 17inch 4 blade prop :shock: 8-) So it was strait downstairs and fitted up. Was not going out tomorrow but am now :twisted:

So there is no doubt that I have the best missus going around (I knew it before the prop too :angel: ) 8-)

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

................... great to hear mate, Post a couple of pic's of your new, beauty

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
noundz

Post by noundz »

Took the boat out for a spin for a few hrs this morning :mrgreen: The usual swell & chop I encounter was there :evil:

Well the boat gets out of the hole better, has a better cruising speed for my rpm (45km @ 4000rpm used to be 38km @ 4000rpm) and if I sit on the usual 4500rpm I am doing over 50km :shock: . My fuel usage is better by about 5-7 ltr per hr and the main reason for the new prop was to get my WOT rpm down. Used to be 6300rpm @ 67km now it is 5400rpm @ 64km. Lost a little top speed but picked it up in the mid range cruise speed, who travels WOT every where :-? So happy with the test so far, the real test will come when I take it on a extended camping trip :cheers:

I recommend anyone who has not done it or can afford to do it, should play with their prop to find out the best performance they can get :mrgreen:

So thanks to the great wife to be :kiss:

Added some pics

PS it is also a bit of boat bling :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Nounds... being a bit of a lover of all things bling I have to say that new prop "would put a horn on a jelly fish" :mrgreen:

I am looking at raising my motor 1 bolt hole to try and get a few more RPM out of it.... solas tell me it is in too deep :-?
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

Noundz,

Your Mrs to be sounds as good as my Mrs TO BE, as she allowed me to buy the boat of my dreams, in the end it was her choice :idea:
Goto love them hey :cheers:
Ray Broughton
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ray Broughton »

where's Greg and Dexter when you need them?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.........
seafarer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by seafarer »

nice work finding her id be sticking a ring on her finger reel fast :rofl:
"hold on "