Pig hunting

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
camfisho97
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Pig hunting

Post by camfisho97 »

Hey guys,

Just picked up a quad the other day to get out in the scrub properly, especially since we got a nice bit of rain this arvo. Should have a nice 308 in the next couple days to go with it.

Anyone interested in going put for a ride out schoal bay and trying to find a pig or 2? few beers on me can tow out another quad behind my ute if needed! Chers

Or if anyone has any good tips for the hunting reserves around here, im all ears. Got some spots down around Mataranka to shoot on, plenty of ferals down there to clear out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

5.2m Formosa, 115hp Yami. Towed by a trusty Landcruiser 79series!
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Pig hunting

Post by qiksix »

There are a heap of pigs out there, i fly around out there in my ultralight all the time and chase them around. Walked in a couple of times after i located them from the air and they are in some thick poop. I basically stood on the bl..dy things, it's not easy!
camfisho97
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by camfisho97 »

Yeah been out a couple times looking, near the rock bar area. Havent seen any yet! But its always good to have a couple beers and go for a ride
5.2m Formosa, 115hp Yami. Towed by a trusty Landcruiser 79series!
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Head out on top of spring high tides when the pigs get pushed out of the mangroves and ride the mangrove edges, or this time of year hit the goose shooting swamps in the middle of the day when the hunters have left. Also have a look at the Back country hunting program and if you have dogs the APDHA have some permits to hunt in national parks with dogs.