Another spot bites the dust. .

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Another spot bites the dust. .

Post by Flickin4em » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 am

Spewing. ..... thanks parks n wildlife. A bit of info on this would've been great. Instead of an hour of 4wd track to find this only a few km from the ultimate spot.

Hardies 4WD track..... off the list now unfortunately.

Well thats progress for you hey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Another spot bites the dust. .

Post by mickkk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Not parks, you can thank the station owner, or more to the point the bogans that decided it’s a good place to go hunting and leave their rubbish everywhere. The large river crossing is actually of station land, and there’s no where else to cross it. About 2 or 3 years ago he cracked it and pulled access, lots of negotiations to try to get his to open it again but wouldn’t budge.
4wdnt made it a loop track from the hey end so you are not just going up and back on the same track.
It is unfortunate, but if wasn’t from lack of effort on parks behalf.
Same thing has happened on the maraki track. All the offshoots have been fenced off by the stations because of the wankers stuffing it for the rest of us.

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:07 pm

I am confused where is this on the track
tight lines

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm

fish4me123 wrote:I am confused where is this on the track

Get out there it's pretty obvious mate. .. this is the end of it now. It used to be 44km and went from the area just before mary river bridge out to the rockhole with its start point near bird billabong ..... its a bit bumpy in some bits and hectic mud straights for hundereds of metres when the runoff is on and the odd 4WD ck crossing over the quad bikes racks but once it's dry it can be done in 2wd taking the best part of 3 hours to do it without stopping once.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Flickin4em wrote:
fish4me123 wrote:I am confused where is this on the track
hectic mud straights for hundereds of metres when the runoff is on and the odd 4WD ck crossing over the quad bikes racks.
And this is exactly why it’s shut. You shouldn’t know about hectic mud straights in the run off because it’s closed. Would you keep letting people using your property, when the bog and come in when they shouldn’t and chop cr.p out of your roads. These roads turn into bumpy bull dust pits in the dry.
But if course it’s all parks fault tho

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:02 pm

You shouldn’t know about hectic mud straights in the run off because it’s closed. These roads turn into bumpy bull dust pits in the dry.( Because they don't control the feral buff that wreck it.)

But if course it’s all parks fault tho[/quote]

Mickkk that was 20 yrs ago ..... and old news.

It remained open for years and years well after that adventure.

Also this was well before they made it a national park ... but that's the way it is nowadays. And now they have plenty of trail cams out there now for those breaking the rules. This section was still open only about 6 weeks back . No 300m mud straights or mad flooded crossings then mate but now its shut down .... probably due to :hunting: poachers I'd suggest.... thanks fellas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am

Locking this topic, if anyone has any issues regarding access to tracks and related topics please PM the relevant poster(s).

Return to “Landbased”