Pirlimgimbi Coppers

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
DNO62
Seadog
Seadog

Pirlimgimbi Coppers

Post by DNO62 »

Recently I was was on a mate's boat heading up the Ashley Staight (Tiwi Islands) about 8km North of Pirlingimbi when the Suziki 175 4 stroke decided that it would dump it's oil and stop. After trying to get the attention of passing boats with no luck I rang the local police who proceeded to rescue us.

The boys not only towed us back to Pirlingimbi, they contacted the local mechanic and allowed us to camp at the police station until oil could be flown from Darwin the following day. The boys were extremley friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

To the Pirlingimbi police officers and Brendon the mechanic, thank you so much for your professional and courteous attitudes, your assistance was greatly appreciated.
:mrgreen:

Just a thought to all, who do we call when we are in the poop and having a bad day, the men and women from the emergeny services, police, ambulance, fire fighters. I reckon these guys and girls are champions. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lobster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Lobster »

I have had a great run in with the boys up there. A few years ago we were fishing the area and met up with them when getting fuel. They pointed out a few spots for us to try and certainly came up with the goods.

Should be more like em I reckon.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:lobster:
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

nice comment DN062 nothing like friendly help
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest

Return to “Bad Trips”