Stingers

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Stingers

Post by Matt Flynn »

Jeffish said there were lots of stingers around, a timely warning ... http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... bac8cbe7b3

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Stingers

Post by jeffish »

Yes Beware ,I was at E/point Sunday Morning before first light and ever cast brought back a lure loaded with tentacles . You could feel the lure hitting them , a bit like trolling through jellies at Shady . I made at least 3 moves but the were everywhere .
Many along Lee pt beach yesterday arvo as well .
Time for Vinigar and stockings .
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

I remember fishing the rocks below FB Coolspot early one glassy buildup morning watching about 30 of them actually surrounding a school of small baitfish and effectively corralling them against the rocks. Was amazing to watch with most of them swimming around with sometimes several small fish clearly visible in their mantle. I read somewhere they are actually quite intelligent (for a jellyfish.........) but it blew me away watching them do that stuff.

:cheers:
Melv
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

They don't hang around when you walk up to them for a photo. Just a bit slow getting away.

Return to “Bad Trips”