ECU Remap/modules for 70 and 200 series cruiser,,, whos keen

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ECU Remap/modules for 70 and 200 series cruiser,,, whos keen

Post by rosco84 »

Lads

looking for anyone in Darwin or surrounding areas, who is keen to have there 70 series or 200 series ecu remapped or module installed, if we can get enough numbers will organise Brendan Cook from Diesel Power Unlimited to come up and carry out, he has a proven record with great results.
check his page out,

http://www.dieselpowerunlimited.com.au/

or his facebook page Diesel Power Unlimited.

swing me a PM if keen to find out more.

Cheers
Ross

donegal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: ECU Remap/modules for 70 and 200 series cruiser,,, whos

Post by donegal »

Whats the cost roughly?
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rosco84 »

$1650 for ecu remap tune and egr turned off---- $2600 for dpu module tune and 3 maps
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

I might be interested in that
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

There's a Local company doing it, all rural diesel proformance (same as all rural mechanical).
Would be worth while having a chat before you do it, with who ever you use. I would be cautious with a fly in mod,as will be hard for after sales support.

I know with the 70 series, he won't do them with out up grading the clutch. As you are almost doubling your torque the clutche's can't handle it, and are screwed with in weeks.
Not trying to scare you, just making you aware of what you are up for.
But you can get awesome results out of them, especially the 70's
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rosco84 »

mickkk wrote:There's a Local company doing it, all rural diesel proformance (same as all rural mechanical).
Would be worth while having a chat before you do it, with who ever you use. I would be cautious with a fly in mod,as will be hard for after sales support.

I know with the 70 series, he won't do them with out up grading the clutch. As you are almost doubling your torque the clutche's can't handle it, and are screwed with in weeks.

Cheers for feed back mate, yeah been doing a bit of research on this, will def look in to the mob you have mentioned, there's a Facebook page 200 series owners, he has a lot of respect by all customers, they do a poop load of the 70s as well did around 400 last year, he travels up and down qld and northern NSW, I'll mention that to him, I have a 200 series so not sure what's needed for the 70s
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rosco84 »

Got around 8-9 people keen, need a few more and we are on if you or you know anyone who would be keen let me know
Cheers
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I spoke to them last week and they said he was planning on making a trip soon, hopefully not too soon as I'm still in the market for a new car after the patrol just went bang....

I've heard nothing but good things about this mob, they were recommended to me by a mate in Qld.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

mickkk wrote:There's a Local company doing it, all rural diesel proformance (same as all rural mechanical).

So what goes next after clutch with double the torque. Good luck guys s. I just payed deposit on gxl79series double cab.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

From what I'm told, they have a pretty good driveline but their cluches are notoriously bad, even under stock power.

In saying that, how much power do you need. I have a ranger, which has a bucket load of power compared to my old triton. I personally have never bothered tinkering with motors too much. No matter how much power you have, you get used to it in a few weeks than that becomes the norm, and you want even more power.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Had a mate call me today, apparently this trip is scheduled for end of june-ish.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

From Farcebonk:

"With under 2 weeks to go we are trying to get final numbers together for our road trip. We will be going from Mackay to Darwin via Townsville but only have a handful confirmed with deposits paid.
We are stuck with the dates of the 17th to the 31st sorry and realise this has effected a few who were booked in but can't shift these due to workshop commitments in town unfortunately.
Let us know asap if you wish to lock in or we can look to do another trip in 2018.
Cheers DPU."
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Just had the patrol done. The remap replaced the Chip Tune addon, took that off this afternoon. The addon gave the car plenty of extra punch already.

Took it for a drive, much smoother thru the rev range, smoother boost, lower EGT's and believe it or not more top end speed. The car couldn't get past 140 before, does it easily now.

The guys are only in town for a few days so if you have the opportunity you should seriously consider it while they are here.