Daly 17th - 18th Feb

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

Daly 17th - 18th Feb

Post by Brad the Lad »

hit the Daly after work in the 17th with the intention of getting into a few over night, this was not to be, and then come back thursday or friday based on the fishing. needless to say we were back in town on thursday afternoon.

we stopped at litte lizzy, and before we could get the anchor down we heard a few boofs, the race was on to see who could get the lure in first, but turned out that race wasnt really worth running. we threw everything we had at the barra but couldnt manage to raise a scale. so after a few hours of casting, drinking laughing we decided to play cards instead. every now and then a boof was so significant we got up for a cast, but still nothing. time for bed at about 2am :sleep:

morning time, just before sunrise and 5 casts in i hooked a decent fish, about 65cm or so, but proceeded to spit the soft plastic. we peppered the for a while longer for not much action so we decided to head down river and check out the scene. we were excited by just about every creek, few flicks at some but no luck. our main target was to head to clear and see what was happening down that way. we were disappointed by the bait, the water colour and the lack of fish. we had another hook up down there but nothing exciting and was only small.

we fished all the way back up to elizabeth for nothing. by now the water had dropped a lot and the water pumping out of elizabeth was brown. this is where i landed my fish in a nice back eddy, and dropped another one. my mate was giving me heaps for dropping a few, but at least i was getting hook ups, he wasn't even getting a hit. :D

very disappointing trip, we were hoping for a little more, but there is always next time.

a few new snags in the middle of the river, and a nice big one in the middle of elizabeth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Daly 17th - 18th Feb

Post by wazdog »

Mate, I did 160kms on the Daly from woooliana to Alligator head and saw some awesome colour changes out of the creeks. NO FISH BUT. Then headed upstream to all the creeks above the crossing to Mystery creek. I fish for the whole day for 1 56cm barra and DAMN hot too.

The Daly is a mystery at the moment..
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Cheers for the report. There seems to be a big mob of tiny archer fish on the edges of some creeks, so we had a but if success on the small reidys rubbers, both white and green
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

I fished Shady Wednesday and it was dead, so packed up and hit the Daly for a few rats at Reed creek. SO FRIGGEN HOT ROWN THERE!!!!
Only to see all the reports coming in now of good fish from Shady Thursday and Friday. Just can't win a trick this season. Still haven't landed a decent Barra since April and it's doing my head in!!!!!!
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wombles »

we are only in Feb.........
Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Im in the same boat as you Scottmack. Cant take a trick or catch a barra. But Iit wont stop me from trying.