abu garcia ambassadeur stx 6500

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

abu garcia ambassadeur stx 6500

Post by leopard »

(sorry, i couldnt find the right place to post this)
has anyone ever used the named reel at the top,
i would like to know more about it as i am thinking of investing in one,
if not please give a mention of low cost, round profile over heads like this one (for barra)

any advice will be taken into account

:D :cheers: :surf:

the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY:
schubz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: abu garcia ambassadeur stx 6500

Post by schubz »

there is no need to be going for a big overhead like that. My partner and I have been using a couple of Shimano Caenan baitcasters that seem to be doing the job nicely. My last baitcaster was a second hand shimano bantam that was a base line reel. I used it for eighteen years before it gave up. I have had a couple of abu's and wont be buying another one. I have also been getting good use from a Daiwa saltist overhead that I use for deep sea fishing.
bait casters are the best for barra fishing. I have never used all my line barra fishing and they are able to be cast all day unlike a big overhead.
hope this helps
schubz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by schubz »

oh yeh the shimano Caenan reels can often be picked up for around the 120 mark but cheaper options are available
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Hey mate I own one of the reels your asking about and they are a good trolling/live baiting reel but bit too bulky for me to flick all day. I am a big abu fan and also have the 5600 c4 which is smaller but still stops big fish ie- jews when fishing for barra.
If your after a good barra reel look at revo inshore. I have two and love them. Just got the second one on sale at craigs for 199 marked down from 399. Limited edition one too
anothet good reel similair to what your llooking for is a calcutta or daiwa millionaire
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

Hi it is a reel that can handle jew or barra. I have owned plenty over the years. A good starter but there are better with more money
tight lines
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

A 4600C4 will eat up,150m of 30lb braid, and is a pretty handy reel, look old school, but cast great and will handle any barra.