Axeless suspension

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Axeless suspension

Post by barnzy »

Hi, has anyone tried or looked into axleless suspension on there boat trailers? I noticed nt unique are doing them now. Just after some feed back on the pros and cons of it all. I need to change my set up, the bloke I bought my boat off has set my trailer up cr.p! With the axel bashing the bottom of my trailer on any sort of bump.
Cheers

Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Axeless suspension

Post by Mitcho »

Buy a hovercraft !! Problem solved
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I have not used them, but looked right into them and spoke with the rep when he was up at the 4wd expo. Looks like some top gear. Life time waranttie on the rubber blocks. Apparently rides the same loaded or emptie (as long as you don't over load it.)
George is a top bloke too. I would have full confidence in what he thinks is good gear.
I was looking at building a new trailer, but a very cheap 2nd hand one come up that was too good to pass up. That's the only reason I didn't go it. When I come to replace the springs I will go the spring replacement units which still rend the axel.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Cheers mickkk, I might give him a ring this week
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bottom Bashing Bloke »

Why not run independent coil suspension like the off-road campers. I think I know what your talking about from alko, doesn't look to bad but personally id go the coil A frame independent.
Seastorm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Seastorm »

Ive got it Barnzy on a fair sized ally trailer, its in Berrimah if you ever want to have a look…been good so far, no probs at all, boat rides nice on it, try not to screw the trailer too hard as it can be a bit savage on the tyres, same as any trailer, just they screw a bit more….it is duels on this one, had it built on the Gold Coast.Only does short trips now, but always loaded right up, but has been reliable and good off road too….
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Cheers seastorm, what brand have u got?
Seastorm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Seastorm »

Cant remember Barnzy, i will be in town in a few weeks, will let you know, don't think there is anything written on them though….the boat can go out around 2500-3000kgs most trips and the suspension has been beautiful mate…maybe just ask NT Unique then….what size boat you trailering and does it do much rough road stuff or what?GPR is the worst road ours goes down really mate, and we just poke along.