Adelaide River report

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Adelaide River report

Post by ozdodge »

Hi guys,

Went out for run on the Adelaide Saturday morning with my mate Alex and his new boat. The boat was great, the fishing was not.

We went downstream twice as far as Scott and upstream as far as Beatrice. High tide at the bridge was about 9am.

Once the tide turned there was good colour coming out of most of the creeks. There wasn't a lot of bait around though, and the bait we did see was mostly mullet. There wasn't any boofing going on, and the bait wasn't that nervous.

We went up on of the creeks onto the floodplain, but again, there were no fish to be seen.
floodplain.JPG
We flicked a range of lures all over the shop but there was just no action - not even any rats around. Ran into blw at one of the creek mouths.

I lucked onto one fish, a lovely silver 67cm model, but the other fellas got donuts. We didn't see or hear of any other fish caught all day.
Trev's 67cm barra.JPG
cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Adelaide River report

Post by Ben Jam »

Cheers for the report.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Even a bad fishing report is a good report, well done.

Cheers Craig
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I went out there with a mate yesterday as well. Upstream only. Never been there before but I was impressed. Pretty river. Lots of potential
Way up nothing, no run off, no birds, no crocs (maybe they were all at the bridge waiting for the tour boats)
Very limited bait action as well
Did manage one rat but dropped it at the boat.
As the tide ran out, there was lots of dirty run off but nothing showing.
I can’t explain why I've not been there before but I’ll be back. It was strange to drive for a short time out of town to reach a river.
Saw a few other FFFers but no one did any good either which doesn’t make me feel so bad
Nika
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Nika »

Was up there today, only one fish, dropped at the back of the boat, the fish r there but not playing the game. The sounder was going off with massive schools of fish but from my experience it will be easier early in the morning before sunlight with live bait.
Nick
4WD, boats, beer, is there a theme here?
1450club

Post by 1450club »

I can only report the same from further down the Adelaide. I went to the the Willshires on Sat Mid morning to Late arvo and got SQAT! Most boats seamed to be around the narrows but thought I would try my luck up the creeks. We went up creek two first up and couldn't see much action, no bait etc. We then headed up creek 3 and thought it looked the goods, the gutters were running and there was a heap of bait around. We tried flicking and trolling but nothing. In someways there is some satisfaction in the fact that we weren't the only ones. Anyone got a report from the Narrows?
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Thanks for report Trev and well done picking something up. Went to the wiltshires as well....lots of boofing in 2 near the bottom of the dropping tide but couldnt entice any action. Saarge picked up one rat and after that zippo.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Went for a look yesterday arvo. Beatrice mouth had mobs of fish on the sounder on dark on the incoming - did 2 trolls runs for 1 hit.
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

yep put me down for FA for a saturday trip as well.
that was between 2 boats 4 guys fishing.