116KG FIRST TONNER BOAR

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
steele
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

116KG FIRST TONNER BOAR

Post by steele »

Well after a couple of months of dry run's and about 100km on foot chasing pig's this morning broke the drought for me and my hounds. Got out to the area round 06:00 and after a few km's of the dog's not working much decided to hit a small drying waterhole on edge of floodplain that was flooded with a big high tide. Not much sign around waterhole so poked off into some dry higher ground and pulled up for a drink n smoke while the hounds were having a bit of a look about in the area.
After 5min's or so the dog's returned except for jett who was still out working round 250m.

I was hunting with my two son's Caleb & Jaidyn and it was Jaidyn's first hunt up in Darwin. We were bout to head off to Jett when Sage and a mate's dog Bonnie wandered around behind a fallen tree and Sage yapped once while bonnie hit up what was a good sounding boar going off it's head in the thick grass and tree's. Next minute the big o'l boar tears straight out from behind the tree and scatter's us in all directions before Bonnie lugged up again and Sage started trying to grab a gobfull of earhole on the big fella. Sage was getting belted as she has only seen a few pigs and never really tried to lug them but she was having a good crack at this one which was smashing her up each time she got on. Bonnie swung hard and tucked in to the thrashing machine and held anchor good. Jett finally turned up and charged in on the big boy's ear and held fast even after getting a good rip straight through his plate into the top of his shoulder. Saw the chance to grab the bastard and jumped in and drove the blade home before he could do anymore damage to the dog's. This all hapend in what was probably 30-45sec's but felt like an eternity waiting for Jett to come and help Bonnie on what was a cranky big ol boar with a good set of hooks on him.
Got some pic's and took his head for a mount and headed back the nice easy 3km to the truck and fix my dog's up.
IMG_1342.JPG
One thing i noticed with the big boy was he had no nut's??? He fought like hell and was very fat. He also had bugger all hair on his flanks but a big razorback ridge of hair on his back. Had no smell to him either which is why I guess the dog's didn't pick him up earlier?
IMG_1336.JPG
Weighed him up and it went 116kg. Not bad for a couple of inexperienced dogs and hunter's.
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1347.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Fish Action
COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 116KG FIRST TONNER BOAR

Post by COOPS »

good boar mate,

very good effort for inexperienced dogs for sure
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Great story and great boar.... :mrgreen:
The dogs did well :clap: :clap: :clap:

as a side note I had a look at the big boar they have in the enclosure at CorroboreePark Inn..he'd have to weigh in at 175 kg+. All he does is sleep and eat...... :mrgreen:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

good going,sounds like it was pretty hectic there for a while ,he probably wouldnt eat too bad if been nutted. :chef1:
mick_c
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mick_c »

nice barra. dogs did well by the sounds of it.
Rhys56
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Rhys56 »

Well done mate very nice boar indeed
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Good boar mate
Well done
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Nath78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nath78 »

Good pig bud done all right to get that one :clap:
steele
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steele »

Cheers lads....Couple more shots of the ivory.
Image Image
Big Fish Action
Sister Ed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sister Ed »

Great pig, well done!
DF140A
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DF140A »

Monster boar bud it's days like that, that make the new hunters like your son wanna go again
mud.666
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mud.666 »

Good pig
polcat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by polcat »

Great effort!