Got one ye'ah

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Got one ye'ah

Post by Manton mad »

Went for a hunt this arvo an the wife taged along coming up to the 1st trap a group of pigs around 6 of em ran across the path into the bush I jumped out car still rolling with dog in toe the wife jumped into the drivers seat to wait for instruction after missing a big black an white one around 90kg chopper was onto something in the scrub just 30m away I ran to his aid after 2 miss fires the pig broke free an bolted only to get drilled by chopper again this time I just stuck her great afternoon an filled the trap with all the internals to get em back in here are some pics
2012-05-26 19.07.39.jpg
2012-05-26 19.21.19.jpg
2012-05-26 20.12.02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishing is my addiction there is no cure
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Got one ye'ah

Post by DOUG »

Good stuff but pig is the absolute last thing a pig will eat especially in your area where they have access to mangroves and then mangoes when they come on !!
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Great stuff and what a clean skinning job
What's your number and do you do house calls?
You going to eat that sucker or feed it to the hounds?
Good job ,persistance pays off
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Good to see pigs are being caught early. Top job
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

Hey doug ive got a few traps just trying different baits thanks for the info so far their not going near the traps might be picking up my scent around it?

Shaggs that ones for the dog I havent got one in a while so it was a buzz do you need some pigs done up or just a hunting partner?
thanks guys ganna try again this arvo thats if we didnt push further in
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

Nice one. Plenty of pigs around. They do like mangoes.
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

Just got back from a small walk around some small creeks an mini dry flood plain that I didnt know about on the property an there is fresh sign every where could hear heaps of gun shots in the distance so made a move befor finding a stray bullet ganna rig up the dog again for another round
hey doug will the pig guts work at all or do you think it will keep em away. Its just ive seen em chewing on all the pig guts we dropped everynight out at merginela doing human consumption pig hunting (sending all the meat to germany)
cant hert to give it a go the birds,dingos an what ever else that goes bump in the bush will clean the trap out in the next few days anyway so I will refill it with 30kg of sour corn (half moon shine when its ready)
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

I don't reckon it will work but that's just me big difference to a dead pit that they get used to and just some random dead scrapes especially this time of te year when there's still alot of food around later in the dry when natural food is scarce
Surprised they hit the dead pit out merganela was it up in the higher country ??
Try going out the back off woolies or Coles and raid there skip bins for old fruit and veg even loaves of bread works well
Or just take the dog for a walk each morning and arvo and have a ball ;)
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

We used to shoot at jamie walkups home stead right on the flood plains but it was right at the end of the dry coming into the first rains ive never seen so many pigs in my life an the bl..dy huge crocs. I think hes moved now so wouldnt know how to get permision to hunt there again but would do it in a heart beat. An if you see someone sticking oit of a produce skip at woolies its ganna be me ha ha ha :mrgreen:

Return to “Hunter”